Be part of the world’s most successful, purpose-led business. Work with brands that are well-loved around the world, that strive to improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us every day. Every day, nine out of ten Indian households use our products to feel good, look good and get more out of life – giving us a unique opportunity to build a brighter future. We promote innovation, big and small, to make our business win and grow; and we believe in business as a force for good. Our brilliant business leaders and colleagues provide mentorship and inspiration, so you can be at your best.
At HUL, we believe that every individual irrespective of their race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, nationality, caste, disability or marital status can bring their purpose to life. So apply to us, to unleash your curiosity, challenge ideas and disrupt processes; use your energy to make the world a better place. As you work to make a real impact on the business and the world, we’ll work to help you become a better you!
We are looking to hire an Assistant R&D Manager, Microbiology for Home Care based in Mumbai
Roles and responsibility:
The Microbiology work stream within Several Product Technology Group – Deploy for Home Care in South Asia.
The role entails the following responsibilities:
Provides support in the design, development and deploy of new products in Home Care and processes by providing problem solving support to the company’s technical community, assuring that new and current products are formulated, processed and protected in a manner that addresses microbiological safety and stability issues. The activity delivers technical information interactively in support of R&D and Category Manager (usually through the Innovation / project teams), Quality, Consumer Services, Manufacturing, Supply Management, Contract Manufacturing, Regulatory Affairs, Brand Development, and other segments of the company, to assure proper alignment of the project work to overall Unilever goals.
Support Claims mining & establishing the kind of claims that can be made in countries with respect to ATL claims for TVC/print media as well as BTL claims, exploring opportunities for making strong & differentiating claims on air, print and through point of sales material like brochures, leaflets
The incumbent establishes strong networks with customers and clients. Will be responsible for coaching other laboratory staff at 3P Labs. Will frequently be responsible for complete programs/projects, from planning(R&D) to implementation (SC).
The key responsibilities are:
- Plan for the appropriate technical needs of a project; develop valid, logical and science-based approaches to solving technical problems involving processes, products, and ingredients; lead client and customer liaison activities.
- Generation of complete claim support substantiation/evidence to support claims through inhouse study and independent accredited 3P Labs to perform complex microbiological analyses and identify or develop new methods when necessary through 3P laboratories.
- Liaising and establishing contacts with 3P laboratories in different global roll out countries, prioritizing work consistent with the needs of the business to assure objectives are delivered on time and in full.
- Provide microbiological safety and formulation risk assessments to project teams as needed for Projects in Home Care.
- Research and protect novel strategies to deliver microbiological safety and stability to new products for project teams where required.
- Assure that all activities are conducted, consistent with regulatory recognized laboratory methods and function under Good Laboratory Practices, according to prescribed methodology. Maintain awareness of changes in accepted biological and chemical safety and GLP procedures.
- Liase with microbiologist in 3P laboratories on Method development for Claim support & Claim Substantiation in projects related to Laundry Liquids, Fabric conditioners, Dish wash Liquids, Toilet cleaners & Floor cleaners, Carrying out Preservative efficacy studies on formulation for projects in Laundry Liquids & Household Care.
Experience/Knowledge/Technical Skills Required:
- Masters in appropriate science subject (Microbiology/Industrial Microbiology) from a reputed institute.
- 6–8 years of experience in microbiology areas associated with Cosmetics/Beverages/Pharmaceutical/Personal care Products
- Microbiological techniques – Classical & Modern methodologies
- Microbiological concepts – Method developments, validations and technical transfers
- Well versed with techniques such as ELISA, rapid pathogen testing kits and reasonable expertise in handling a microbiology facility
- Knowledge on laboratory management & quality systems such as ISO9001/ISO17025/ US EPA & GLP.
- Analytical/Microbiological aptitude
- Troubleshooting expertise
- Laboratory quality/safety systems/HACCP
- Project management skills
- Data analysis/Interpretation
- Technical reporting
- Information seeking &processing
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us