We are looking for the best Artwork Production Specialist. The primary purpose of this position is to lead the pack across the physical and digital world. This includes the management of the adaptive design process using agencies from the adaptive design roster. Working with the print management agency, leading the creation and approval of packaging artwork, including separations which are handed over to the printer in a timely manner.
This person will be responsible for initiating and managing projects using the artwork management system, also working within a multifunctional project team to deliver projects on time, in full. The Artwork Production Specialist is also responsible to oversee the production, storage and availability of pack images for usage in through the digital channels.
The position will interface with internal teams (Marketing, R&D, Supply Chain, E-commerce) who provide master design files and pack content and also external partners (print management agencies, design agencies, printers) who deliver the work in the form of mechanical artwork, pack image albums and printed packaging. As technical experts, the Artwork Production Specialist will provide expertise in the end to end management of the pack to marketing and E-commerce teams by taking responsibility for the creation of artwork and digital pack images to be used in various channels and touchpoints internally and externally in an ever more digital and connected world.
- Lead the pack for the end to end process, from adaptive design, artwork, separation, digital images.
- Understand the artwork process, roles and responsibilities and how to fit this into the innovation project management process to deliver projects on time an in full. Work on the artwork management system to deliver this.
- Understand the Category and Brands you are working on, Brand DNA & guidelines and plans.
- Provide forecast for artwork and pack image priorities for the agencies using tools provided.
- Set-up and run pre-production meetings bringing together design agencies, print management agencies, printers and internal stakeholders to ensure that quality and consistency is maintained from artwork to print phase of the process.
- Collaborate with marketing and design agencies at the design phase, providing expert guidance and technical inputs to ensure that the design is technically printable before the artwork phase.
- Ensure that master design files are created according to prescribed toolbox specifications.
- Work with adaptive design agencies from the agency roster, ensuring the marketing brief to these agencies are clear. Previews from the adaptive agency to ensure that this meets the expectations of marketing.
- With the adaptive agency and marketing consolidate an SKU matrix for execution in the adaptive phase.
- Ensure that the print management agency follows the approved rate cards and service level agreements, and that marketing has visibility on costs.
- Lead the actions with the PMA that artwork is optimized for cost e.g. print process, number of colours, Design for value.
- Understand the digital and connected world program in Unilever, and Artwork Excellence role to manage the delivery of digital pack images following Artwork Excellence process, to the right quality and on time.
- Approve FOP, BOP and Hero Images on the management tool.
- Fluent English or Bilingual.
- Experience: +3 Years experience in artwork management or a similar role, which may include: print production, print management, graphic design, packaging development, CGI image production.
- Skills: Strong communication skills, Ability to build collaborative relationships, Hold people accountable, Good organizational awareness, Strong at influencing, Negotiating skills. Project Management, Highly computer-literate, intercultural awareness.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us