Job Title: Asst. Manager Planning Excellence
Reports to: Planning Excellence Manager
Function / Sub-Function: Supply Chain Services
Location: Bangalore, India
Unilever Operations (Uniops) is a global business unit that will manage the company’s shared business services (Supply Services, HR Services, Finance Services, IT Services, Information Management Services and Workplace & Travel Services).
Mission - To provide excellent services globally which enable Unilever to win in the market by
- putting the business’ goals at the heart of what we do
- leveraging cost-effective, best practice, global solutions across Unilever to meet users’ needs
- making continuous improvement in both cost and service an integral part of our way of working
- building a professional services organisation that enables our people to give their best
- developing win-win relationships with selected providers to meet our current and future requirements
Within the service catalogue of Uniops, Plan Service Centre organisation is responsible for the management and delivery of planning services globally across clusters unlocking cash, cost and service benefits through centralization, simplification, and automation of processes.
Plan Service Centre is focused on driving process resilience leveraging central expertise, deliver capability to improve business performance while supporting markets to release time for better business collaboration and embrace business complexity along with improving operational efficiency. Through this centre of excellence, it also supports in driving inventory modelling tools and segmented solutions for releasing cash, material planning & production planning solutions to leverage existing technologies to optimize capex thereby supporting to make right strategic & operational planning choices unlocking cash, cost & service benefits.
Main purpose of job:
(A concise statement setting out the main purpose and objectives of the job)
Lead & drive plan operations centre initiatives for markets across planning streams (demand/ supply/ Material planning) and drive transformation by executing new Planning capabilities for maximizing business benefit.
Key deliverable of the role is support market improve forecast accuracy through baseline, driving execution of forecasting tools/ analytics, release cash with right safety stock norms, supply/ material planning, reduce cost through business waste reduction, improve master data process hygiene, drive new capabilities development & execution for business. In the process, drive planner efficiency through better business collaboration, exception-based planning & create process resilience.
Person also required to lead larger cluster team of plan operations centre (outsourced partner) and support drive efficiency, simplification, standardization & best practices implementation for the markets.
(Describe the responsibilities and end results that would be expected)
- To support deliver cash, cost & service for Cluster through roll out of complete operation center program with a robust performance measurement, monitoring, tracking & governance framework.
- Drive operations center continuous improvement program to improve operational efficiency, service & cost optimization agenda for business.
- Help set up & drive executing global new capabilities– process, tools and analytics across planning areas along with outsourcing partner.
- Drive Efficiency, Standardization, Simplification, Segmented, Best Practice Service Delivery
- To lead a large team towards efficient business collaboration, process resilience & drive performance improvement for supply chain.
- Strong Governance at Leadership & Operational Market Level, Supply Partner
Experience and qualifications required:
(Detail essential and desirable experience, including number of years)
- 4-6 years of experience in Supply chain (Planning/ Procurement).
- Proven experience in SC with a track record of delivering new capabilities and global exposure.
- Educational background with specialization in Supply Chain Management or Operations research preferred.
(List any external and internal contacts arising from the job)
- Market Planning Teams
- Global and local Procurement teams.
- Customer operations – MDM, Logistics, Order to Cash
- Global PACE
- Outsourcing Service provider.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us