The incumbent will execute end to end management of various business initiatives in country (Thailand & MCL):
The purpose of the role is to:
Strategic alignment and liaison with Local Unilever Operating Company on New Brands/ Products/ Opportunities across functions.Including current business, lead setup of new business opportunity.Liaise with Distributors for the assigned brands in the geography.Lead on the execution of the E2E Internal stakeholder management: Local Unilever Operation Company and UAPL processes including Marketing, SC, and Finance.
- Lead the process of Joint Business Partners and Sales and Marketing execution plan across internal (Unilever) and Distributor teams.
- Understand Consumers, Customers and Channels in the geography - Ensure full integration of Customer Marketing Plans with Brand Marketing Plans and Distributor Business Planning.
- Lead and implement Joint collaboration with local Unilever Operating Company on quarterly business review with Key retailers.
- Lead the training of the distributor teams to bridge capability/ process gaps.
- Provide distributors input into Innovation program through insights on in-market competitor activities and pricing research.
- Setup Myanmar Cambodia Laos General Trade Penetration coverage nationwide to achieve at as target assignment of Local Unilever Operating Company coverage.
- Continuously evaluate opportunity for new distributor setup.
Manage Internal Unilever Processes
- Strategic alignment and liaison with Local Operating Company on New Brands/Products/Opportunity across functions.
- Monthly Communication: Shares actual performance of Business with the Internal Business Partners, Management and Local Operating Company
- Monitor’s implementation and adherence to UI Processes internally across functions and externally with the distributors.
- Monitors the performance of business partners.
Business Development Projects Management
- Lead the Operationalization of the agreed initiatives
- Ensure timely delivery as per project timeline.
- Provide clear network update – on actual vs planned.
- Lead coordination meetings of the Multi-Functional team for customer specific projects
- Organize project meetings, prepare minutes and follow up actions. Escalate if critical milestones are likely to be missed.
- 5+ years of business experience, preferably cross-functional.
- Three to four roles in Customer Development – General Trade and Modern Trade Channel/Trade Category Management and Account Management / Field Sales.
- Budgeting & Planning management.
- Ability to operate on a cross-national scale and develop remote management skills.
- Ability to travel in the cluster up to 30% of time.
- Finance business partnering skills.
- Ability to seize the big picture and also to deep dive into details when necessary.
- Ability to stick to the role as outlined and not to be dispersed by non-core local activities.
- Self-confident integrity is a must, as the difficulties of the job will test incumbents regularly on their values and they will be often carrying difficult messages to their business partners and key customers.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us