Who are we?
Do you want to work for a company that makes a difference in the world? At Unilever, we have a clear purpose - to make sustainable living commonplace. Through our 400 brands reaching 2.5 billion people every day, we aim to make a positive social impact globally and locally.
The opportunity & responsibilities
We are seeking a Maintenance Engineering Lead- Tatura to join our Technical Team based in Tatura.
As the Maintenance Engineering Lead, you will be responsible for:
To assist the Engineering Manager in supervising technical teams responsible for managing all maintenance activities, delivering projects, innovation, infrastructure and services to the Tatura site.
This includes embracing World Class Manufacture as a continuous improvement initiative.
- In conjunction with the Engineering Manager, to develop and execute plans that ensure an effective utilisation of assets across the site
- To directly supervise and provide guidance to the maintenance team
- In conjunction with the Engineering manager drive the Professional Maintenance (PM) pillar of the WCM process
- To ensure all deliverables of the PM pillar are met, ie:
- Increase the MTBF of all lines
- Reduce the MTTR
- Develop and implement Standard Maintenance Procedures (SMP’s)
- Update and maintain machines ledgers for key machines
- Manage the Emergency Work Order (EWO) process
- To develop and maintain the Maintenance R&M budgets both Labour and materials
- To work closely on the development and management of the capital budget
- To work closely with the manufacturing team on improving site and line efficiency while reducing waste
- To manage technical teams responsible for project delivery and innovation
- To assist the engineering manager in implementing innovation across the site. This includes developing and analysing the best alternatives/options following category technology selections
- To continuously strive to improve site infrastructure in such areas as energy, water, treatment, steam, contracts and contractors
- To ensure that all projects and innovations occur within budget guidelines
- To develop and make available to the organisation the latest developments in product, processing and packaging
- To ensure that the site complies with the HACCP and ISO 14001 accreditations
- Any other projects, as required, by the Engineering Manager
You will bring
- Tertiary qualifications in an appropriate Engineering Discipline including Mechanical, Electrical, Automation and/or Mechatronic
- Proven experience in maintenance leadership including overseeing preventative maintenance programs
- A track record in the end-to-end management of significant capital projects
- The interpersonal skills to interface with other operational business units
- A commitment to World Class Manufacture and continuous improvement guidelines
- Exposure to SAP, highly advantageous
- Willingness to be accountable
- Analytical/ problem solving capabilities
- Ability to work under pressure
- Time management/ prioritising expertise
- A focus on results
- Customer service orientation
- A sound eye-for-detail
This is a great opportunity to work within an iconic and global organisation. We have gained our reputation as one of the world's most admired employers by providing an environment where individuals can achieve their goals, both professionally and personally.
Make no mistake we expect a lot from our people as they do of us. So, if you can rise to the challenge, don't waste any time - apply now!
So, if you can rise to the challenge, don't waste any time - apply now!
If you require reasonable adjustments for the application and recruitment process, please advise us on ANZ.firstname.lastname@example.org
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us