Who are we?
Do you want to work for a company that makes a difference in the world? At Unilever, we have a clear purpose - to make sustainable living commonplace. Through our 400 brands reaching 2.5 billion people every day, we aim to make a positive social impact globally and locally.
The opportunity & responsibilities
We are currently seeking a Plant Manager to join our Operations based in Minto.
As the Plant Manager, you will be responsible for Reporting to the Site Unit Director, the primary purpose of this role is to:
- Provide strategic direction to the Operations Team to ensure the identified factory targets are met on time and within budget
- Provide leadership, coaching and support to the Shift Leads, Operators and Trades team
- Oversee World Class Manufacturing activities on site
- Manage 5 direct reports for white collars and 244 extended blue collar team
- To ensure the manufacture of production volumes to achieve customer service and inventory targets
- To maximise the usage of the various inputs (raw materials, packaging materials, labour, utilities, operating expense budget)
- To ensure the proper development, application and adherence to policies, procedures and systems, especially Safety and Environmental controls and Unilever’s stringent Safety requirements
- To provide effective leadership to the team of manufacturing personnel, including training, development, communication and involvement
- Operate as a key member of the Site Leadership Team and represent the site on steering committees, continuous improvement teams, and cross functional groups, as well as be a key driver for determining and implementing site strategy
- To achieve predetermined Key Performance Indicators relating to costs, efficiency, quality, safety, employee morale, environment and reliability
- With appropriate support from Engineering and QA, ensure that all Capital and Innovation Projects relevant to the Minto site are implemented effectively
- Provide direct and effective leadership to all Shift Leads and Support Staff within the manufacturing function, including effective performance management
- Ensure effective and appropriate consultative practices are adopted, including negotiation with union delegates and officials as required
- Ensure that appropriate investment is made into Skills Training and Employee Development to maintain team members at the required level for the current and future operation
- Ensure that Industrial Relations are effectively handled both in regard to local issues and to company-wide issues.
- Ensure that the Operations are conducted in such a manner that harmonious relations with the local community are maintained
You will bring
- Tertiary qualification in an Engineering, Science or Logistics discipline
- Significant experience in a manufacturing leadership role (approximately 5-10 years)
- Significant experience with FMCG products - previous experience in Ice Cream is preferable
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Experience in working with Unions and EBA negotiations
- Demonstrated ability to apply change management principles and drive a cultural change agenda
- Exceptional planning and communications skills
This is a great opportunity to work within an iconic and global organisation. We have gained our reputation as one of the world's most admired employers by providing an environment where individuals can achieve their goals, both professionally and personally.
Make no mistake we expect a lot from our people as they do of us. So, if you can rise to the challenge, don't waste any time - apply now!
So, if you can rise to the challenge, don't waste any time - apply now!
If you require reasonable adjustments for the application and recruitment process, please advise us on ANZ.email@example.com
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us