Assistant Innovation Manager
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. Over half (57%) of the company’s footprint is in developing and emerging markets. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Persil, Dove, Knorr, Domestos, Hellmann’s, Lipton, Wall’s, PG Tips, Ben & Jerry’s, Marmite, Magnum and Lynx. Faced with the challenge of climate change and the need for human development, we want to move towards a world where everyone can live well and within the natural limits of the planet. That’s why our purpose is ‘to make sustainable living commonplace’.
We have an Assistant Innovation Manager opportunity available in our UKI Home Care division, working across well-established brands including Persil, Comfort, Surf, Cif and Domestos to name a few.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join the UK & Ireland Home Care team. Using in-depth knowledge of Home Care trends and consumer needs, the successful individual will support our growth agenda through delivering innovations & renovation, Design for Channel solutions, as well as leading for our Clean Future initiatives.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is naturally curious, innovative and seeks out opportunities to challenge the status-quo.
- Embody the lean-like-a-startup innovation approach and mindset, to help deliver relevant and impactful innovation to market at speed.
- Champion competitive and entrepreneurial behaviour and mindset throughout the business and translate it into targeted innovation activities that grow Unilever’s Home Care share in market.
- Take ownership, lead and project manage innovation/renovation/Net Revenue Realisation projects working closely with the innovation engine to bring products to market on time including creating trade stories and presenting at Innoflex Investor Board meetings. This will need excellent project management and influencing skills as you will work closely with cross functional teams.
- Implement 12-18 month portfolio roadmap including product and format innovation and channel specific portfolio.
- Manage innovation budget and adopt a startup mindset when planning consumer research and testing.
- Support building an Innovation team that is future focused.
- Financial acumen for creating business cases and reviewing performance vs. business case targets.
- To be a true leader for the business, using competitive analysis, consumer insight and research to ensure UKI Home Care is winning against the competition and delivering on its full year growth targets.
ALL ABOUT YOU
- A team player; the ability to develop themselves and support others.
- An entrepreneurial mindset; asking challenging ‘why’ questions, suggesting new opportunities and navigating through ambiguous situations.
- A strong communicator; excellent communication, presentation and influencing skills with attention to detail.
- A curious connector; an ability to work with cross functional stakeholders, connecting the dots between people, projects and partners.
- A project manager; experience of planning and executing projects.
- Comfortable with change; Be agile! Things change all the time in Home Care.
- Consumer obsessed; the ability to champion the consumer, shopper and customer in everything we do.
- Able to demonstrate their deep sense of creativity and logic, ambition, organisational and analytical skills, a head for figures and great instincts, along with a desire to get stuck in and actually make things happen through their ‘can do’ attitude.
WHAT WE OFFER
Not only do we offer a competitive salary, but also our pension scheme, an annual bonus, a free gym, a staff shop and shares. You’ll get the opportunity to work directly with our renowned and exciting brands in a flexible and agile environment. We strive to achieve a family-friendly culture and to, above all, create possibilities for all.
Diversity at Unilever is about inclusion, embracing differences, creating possibilities and growing together for better business performance. We embrace diversity in our workforce. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants and continuing development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us