JOB TITLE: Finance Assistant / Assistant Accountant - Pensions
DEPARTMENT: Unilever UK Pensions Department – Finance Team
JOB LOCATION: Leatherhead
SALARY: Competitive plus great benefits package
UNILEVER UK PENSIONS
UUKP oversees the £10 billion Unilever UK Pension Fund and the £155m Uniac Pension Fund on behalf of the Trustees, the Company and the members. Day to day administration is outsourced to a specialist third party administrator, Capita. UUKP also provides specialist pensions support to the Company and the Trustees.
The Finance Team within the Unilever UK Pensions Department is responsible for a range of administrative, financial and legal activities relating to the assets of the UUKPF. These include maintaining the Fund’s accounting records and preparing the Scheme Annual Report & Financial Statements. The team also maintains the accounts of the Uniac Pension Fund and overseas the financial arrangements of the Irish pension arrangements.
The Pensions Accounting & Risk Supervisor works as part of the Finance Team and assists with the day to day financial operations and risk monitoring of the pension funds under its remit, reporting to the Finance & Risk Manager, UK Pensions, who heads the Team
The Pensions Accounting & Risk Supervisor ’s responsibilities include the following:
- Assisting the Finance & Risk Manager by overseeing the work of other Team members, providing training, and covering for certain tasks when needed.
- Preparation of the annual financial statements for the UUKPF, with direct responsibility for all balance sheet and investment related accounting entries. (note some accounting entries are posted by others in the team, but this role remains accountable for them being correct and timely).
- Preparation of relevant underlying working papers supporting the annual accounts.
- Key contact for the auditor during the fieldwork stages.
- Key contact for Workman (property accounting) and responsible for accounting entries and addressing all queries.
- Quarterly reconciliation of UUKP control accounts (excluding AVC providers).
- Reconciliation and monitoring of a number of company accounts.
- Preparation of monthly cash flow forecasts for the UUKPF and monitoring of actual cash flow.
- Assisting, where required, the Team member(s) responsible for preparation of the Uniac Pension Fund Accounts
- Supporting the Finance & Risk Manager by carrying out controls testing in accordance with the agreed schedule, including writing up risk reports, updating the Risk Registers and making recommendations for improvements.
- Review and development of the monthly reporting pack providing key management information for the Pensions Finance & Risk Manager.
- Assisting in Sarbox work within the Department as appropriate.
- Ad hoc projects as required.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The Pensions Accounting & Risk Supervisor will either be a part qualified accountant or AAT with significant accounting experience and capable of maintaining financial records and preparing accounts. They will need to be methodical, with a keen eye for detail. They need to be able to work on their own initiative to tight deadlines, as well as working as part of an accounts team.
Prior experience of pensions accounting for a large pension fund would be a significant advantage.
The post-holder will need to be computer literate. Knowledge of Aviary would be helpful but is not essential.
Diversity at Unilever is about inclusion, embracing differences, creating possibilities and growing together for better business performance. We embrace diversity in our workforce. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants and continuing development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us