Assistant Brand Agile Innovation Manager
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. Over half (57%) of the company’s footprint is in developing and emerging markets. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Persil, Dove, Knorr, Domestos, Hellmann’s, Lipton, Wall’s, PG Tips, Ben & Jerry’s, Marmite, Magnum and Lynx. Faced with the challenge of climate change and the need for human development, we want to move towards a world where everyone can live well and within the natural limits of the planet. That’s why our purpose is ‘to make sustainable living commonplace’.
Unilever is home to some of the UK’s biggest and most-loved brands, all of which help people look good, feel good and get more out of life every day.
We have an Assistant Brand Innovation Manager role available in our Foods division with the potential to work across our entire portfolio of Savoury, Dressings, Snacking and Ice Cream brands.
In Foods, we take the view that building depth of experience across the various aspects of the marketing mix is essential in the development of future ‘T Shaped’ leaders. Therefore an ABM career has a duality, offering exposure to crafting powerful Brand Experiences as well as bringing Category and Brand strategy to life through innovation.
Key objectives of the marketing team overall are as follows:
To assist in delivering sustainable growth of the UKI Foods brands through building brilliant brand experiences and delivering portfolio and channel transformation.
This part of the role is focused typically on a single brand, building a depth of understanding of it and its consumers that allows the creation of world class brand experiences, facilitated through data and precision marketing. The subsequent brand equity growth will be measured via key brand health metric’s and P&L delivery.
Category Strategy and Innovation Acceleration
This part of the role focusses on depth of knowledge of category strategy building on understanding of Food Trends and brand innovation building on in depth understanding of changing consumer needs and NRM programmes. Through a deep understanding of the innovation process and an ability to efficiently project manage initiatives through the Unilever network, the KPI’s for this role are based on delivering a better and faster innovation funnel, Net Revenue Realisation and the delivery of the Foods 12QTR plan OTIF.
- Embody the lean-like-a-startup innovation approach and mindset, to help deliver relevant and impactful innovation to market at speed.
- Champion competitive and entrepreneurial behaviour and mindset throughout the business, and translate it into targeted innovation activities that grow Unilever Foods’ share in market
- Support Innovation Lead in developing share-winning category strategy, tapping into category understanding, food trends across different segments and deep understanding of consumer changing eating habits
- Take ownership, lead and project manage innovation/renovation/Net Revenue Realisation projects, working closely with the innovation engine to bring products to market OTIF including creating trade stories. This will need excellent project management skills and strong relationship-forming with cross functional teams.
- Implement 12-18 month portfolio roadmap including product and format innovation and channel specific portfolio
- Manage innovation budget and adopt a startup mindset when planning consumer research and testing
- Support building an Innovation Acceleration team that is future focused
To be a true leader for the business, using competitive analysis, consumer insight and research to ensure UKI Foods is winning against the competition and delivering on its full year growth targets
ALL ABOUT YOU
- The ability to work confidently with multiple cross functional teams across geographies, with strong communication, presentation and stakeholders influencing abilities.
- A successful candidate must have strong project management skills, high numeracy and data analysis for insight development. Strong project management skill is key for this specific role
- They will have a passion for brands, be able to demonstrate the Unilever Standards of Leadership and champion the consumer, shopper and customer in everything they do. A sense of curiosity is key in understanding the people we serve at a deeper level
- A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate their deep sense of creativity and logic, ambition, organisational and analytical skills, a head for figures and great instincts, along with a desire to get stuck in and actually make things happen through their can-do attitude.
- Resilience, team orientation, ability to navigate through ambiguous and complex situations and taking initiatives are key
- Being ambitious to learn as well as a real proactivity in their own development - learning as much as they can about Unilever and Marketing as a function as well as bringing new start up ways of thinking and behaving
- The right candidate will be strong at building relationships, both in person and remotely, and demonstrate strength at motivating and influencing others to deliver their projects to a high standard and at pace.
- In addition the right candidate will be highly motivated and capable of leaning in to support the team on wider portfolio tasks.
- They will also have a strong strategic understanding of the ‘triple win’, understanding how to build strong ideas that benefit the consumer, customer and our business, to deliver initiatives with strong and compelling trade stories as well as strong consumer demand.
WHAT WE OFFER
Not only do we offer a competitive salary, but also our pension scheme, an annual bonus, a free gym, a staff shop and shares. You’ll get the opportunity to work directly with our renowned and exciting brands in a flexible and agile environment. We strive to achieve a family-friendly culture and to, above all, create possibilities for all.
Diversity at Unilever is about inclusion, embracing differences, creating possibilities and growing together for better business performance. We embrace diversity in our workforce. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants and continuing development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us