Appraisal & Claims Technologist – Fabric Enhancers
Location: Port Sunlight Research Lab
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. Over half (57%) of the company’s footprint is in developing and emerging markets. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Persil, Dove, Knorr, Domestos, Hellmann’s, Lipton, Wall’s, PG Tips, Ben & Jerry’s, Marmite, Magnum and Lynx. Faced with the challenge of climate change and the need for human development, we want to move towards a world where everyone can live well and within the natural limits of the planet. That’s why our purpose is ‘to make sustainable living commonplace’.
Unilever Global Home Care Category is recruiting for its appraisal team within Fabric Enhancers Global Design Centre at Port Sunlight (UK, North West region).
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive team that is continuously developing and has exciting challenges ahead.
Home Care category relies on the functionality of its products to delight consumers. Exciting and powerful claims and creative benefit demonstrations are key part of getting consumers to choose any specific brand. Appraisal plays a key role to shape, define and support all claims for all our global brands.
You will work in a multi-disciplinary business environment mainly within Laundry projects, ensuring the delivery of high-quality technical insights and data to support our Global Innovation Portfolio. This specific opportunity is to join a group of fabric and product appraisal specialists within the Fabric Enhancers team, specifically focused on product evaluation and claim development and support.
- Set-up and coordination of product evaluation and claim support studies, supporting Innovation Portfolio, including:
- Development and implementation of product evaluation plan and claim support plan
- Development and implementation of new methods to drive greater technical insights or new claims/demos
- Translation of technologies and claims into demonstrations (suitable for a range of different presentation media e.g. web, live, ads...etc)
- Understanding of competitors and competitive environment to be able to identify possibilities of claims or challenges
- Preparation of claim support strategy and claim support documents
- Alignment with regional technical teams to ensure the smooth and timely execution of the appropriate studies
- Coordination of product evaluation or claim support studies with third party laboratories
- Analysis of data, summarising and reporting results, communicating actionable recommendations back to the team
- Use of new and existing data to create technical insights which answer project and business questions
- Use of and contribution to the development of digital tools to create, manage and exploit appraisal data to drive decisions and identify insights
ALL ABOUT YOU
- Experimental design, familiarity with statistical tools, statistical data analysis and statistical interpretation of data.
- Ability to interpret complex data, from multiple sources, for concise, clear insights / conclusions and communication to a variety of audiences.
- Problem solving skills with practical creativity.
- Ability to work with in multi-functional teams.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Good organisation and planning skills
- BSc or MSc (or equivalent) in Physical Sciences (including Physics, Materials Science, Polymer Science, Chemistry or Biochemistry).
- Ideally, experience in an industrial or academic measurement sciences area.
- Knowledge around textiles measurement or composition would be an advantage
WHAT WE OFFER
Not only do we offer a competitive salary, but also our pension scheme, an annual bonus, a free gym, a staff shop and shares. You’ll get the opportunity to work directly with our renowned and exciting brands in a flexible and agile environment. We strive to achieve a family-friendly culture and to, above all, create possibilities for all.
Diversity at Unilever is about inclusion, embracing differences, creating possibilities and growing together for better business performance. We embrace diversity in our workforce. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants and continuing development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us