Job Title: ETBM Charging Analyst
We are seeking an inquisitive and enthusiastic individual to join the Enterprise & Technology Business Management (Apptio) Office as our new ETBM Charging Analyst. ETBM is designed to position the Leadership Teams with the knowledge & insight, to manage and communicate the cost, quality, and value of our Service Catalogue within Unilever. Stakeholders range from those within Unilever Operations (UniOps) through to the Market Clusters, with each consumer having differing requirements.
The ideal candidate will possess a good financial background, with knowledge and/or experience of working within, or supporting Information Technology. As the ETBM Charging Analyst, you will join UniOps Finance, alongside a team of technical and financial professionals who support a broad group of stakeholders across IT, Finance, HR, Workplace Services and Commercial Experience.
The ETBM Office provide a range of insights for UniOps, from TCO Reporting (total cost of ownership) of the services within the catalogue, infrastructure & estate-management dashboards, through to basic financial reports. The Team underpins the automated charge-out of IT service costs to the markets, and in turn, an auditable mechanism to drive local tax efficiencies. The increasing adoption of Apptio’s Bill-of-IT solution across the globe continues to generate additional work and queries within the markets, which are no longer manageable by the Technical Finance Manager, alone.
The successful candidate will support the Technical Finance Manager, taking ownership of the monthly data-load process and be responsible for liaising with the markets to answer queries. He/she will also be responsible for maintaining the Cost Transparency and Bill-of-IT environments, to include upgrades and performance monitoring of the Platform. You will be inquisitive by nature, eager to explore any issues that arise within the data and keen to resolve in a timely manner.
- Maintain Apptio’s Cost Transparency (CT) & Bill-of-IT (BoIT) environments through version upgrades, health and performance monitoring and make recommendations to the Technical Finance Manager
- Own the monthly data-load process into the CT and BoIT environments with support from the Data Analyst
- Own Apptio “fallout” and take action to mitigate and reduce (costs that do not allocate within the model)
- Tax audit and query resolution with the markets
- Support with query resolution from Platforms, Service Owners, Finance and other stakeholders
- Support the business requirement for additional reporting development within Apptio
- Support “Insight-to-Action” progression monitoring
- Advise the Technical ETBM Finance Manager on areas for continuous improvement
This role will require ongoing learning and development for the successful candidate and should include training provided through the Apptio TBM Council (e.g. RTBMA) and self-paced learning through Degreed. The build and maintenance of an external ETBM network is also highly encouraged.
- Local Finance & Tax Teams
- Unilever data providers (IT, Non-IT & Finance)
- Apptio & ETBM Community
- UniOps Finance Teams (FBP’s, FET, FP&A, Controllers)
- Managers, Platform Owners and Service Owners
ALL ABOUT YOU:
The following criteria are essential for success in the role:
- Knowledge or experience of ETBM (TBM &/or EBM), Apptio or similar cost transparency solutions
- Experience in Financial Accounting or relevant qualifications
- Knowledge of what constitutes good-governance and strong internal controls
- Excellent analytical and data analysis skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to self-manage and prioritise accordingly
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Willingness to self-learn and develop
The following criteria are desirable:
- Part qualified CIMA, ACCA or equivalent, or studying towards
- Basic understanding of IT Infrastructure and its key components (e.g. Data Centre, Network)
- Knowledge or experience of Service-Now
- Knowledge or experience in working with Cloud Service Providers (AWS, MS Azure)
Please apply online and add your PDP if possible. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements and we will be in touch to provide you with an update on the status of your application.
By applying for this vacancy, you are confirming that you have made your Line Manager aware of your application and that you are at a point in your career with Unilever where it is appropriate for you to be applying for other positions.
Should you require additional information, please contact Recruiter Kelly on firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us