Assistant Technical Marketing Manager
Location: Port Sunlight Research Lab
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Persil, Dove, Knorr, Domestos, Hellmann’s, Lipton, Wall’s, PG Tips, Ben & Jerry’s, Marmite, Magnum and Lynx. Faced with the challenge of climate change and the need for human development, we want to move towards a world where everyone can live well and within the natural limits of the planet. That’s why our purpose is ‘to make sustainable living commonplace”
The future begins in Research & Development (R&D). In R&D, you’ll find out what consumers want and need, and then design the science and technology to make our innovations come to life. We have over 6,000 R&D employees designing, creating and developing exciting new products using innovative technologies - from scientists and product development experts to professionals such as hairdressers and chefs who have the skills to evaluate new products. You could be designing and developing new innovations for brands like TRESemmé, Magnum, Cornetto and Domestos – straight from your team to the shelves!
At the core of our values is sustainability, and our teams are dedicated to making our products better for you, for our customers and for the world. We are committed to ensuring that all of our packaging is fully reusable, recyclable or compostable by 2025, and that we are using more recycled content. To achieve this, we collaborate closely either within the various R&D teams, with other Unilever colleagues like Marketeers and the Supply Chain, and with leading scientific experts from around the world.
The role is based in Port Sunlight, nearLiverpool, where you can find our offices, factories and Research & Development Centre at your fingertips. Our purpose, to make sustainable living commonplace, is rooted in the history of the Port Sunlight site. It’s a thread that connects us to our founder, Lord Lever, and his social mission to improve health, hygiene and livelihoods.
TRESemmé, Dove, TIGI, Love Beauty & Planet and Sunsilk are among the world’s most recognisable Hair Care brands developed by Unilever’s Development Centre in the North West of England.
Hair Care is a fast paced and innovation driven category with a high degree of consumer engagement. With an energising purpose, Beauty that Cares for People, Society & our Planet: Making Beautiful Hair a Force for Good, it offers talented people the opportunity to shine and make a real impact to the lives of consumers and to the business, as well as to learn and grow.
We currently have exciting opportunities to join the Hair R&D community in Port Sunlight, in our Global Development Centre. This role represents an amazing opportunity to be part of the teams that develop product claims and communications for our superior products and technologies.
- Deliver outstanding communication ideas for our hair care products and brands.
- Gather technical support for product claims and develop technical narratives on multiple projects.
- Develop new methodologies and tools to create new & exciting consumer and product insights for new claims and communications.
- Work with brilliant, inspiring and diverse teams across the world.
- Be the crucial link between global and local marketing, technical & legal teams to balance and manage different needs and ambitions.
- Create striking technical communications, visuals and live demos that bring technologies and innovations to life.
- Understand the needs and attitudes of the consumers and customers we serve, in order to connect to them with relevance and brand tone-of-voice.
All About You
- Great people skills; building and maintaining relationships with an ability to be persuasive and assertive when necessary.
- Preferably a degree in a physical or social science. Some chemistry background would be great; curiosity in the latest innovation and technology is essential.
- Claims, consumer research and/or product development experience.
- Excellent presentation skills and an ability to describe science and technology in a compelling and impactful way to a variety of audiences.
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to interpret data to pull out key insights.
- Project management and problem-solving skills
What we offer
Not only do we offer a competitive salary, but also our pension scheme, an annual bonus, a free gym, a staff shop and shares. You’ll get the opportunity to work directly with our renowned and exciting brands in a flexible and agile environment. We strive to achieve a family-friendly culture and to, above all, create possibilities for all.
Diversity at Unilever is about inclusion, embracing differences, creating possibilities and growing together for better business performance. We embrace diversity in our workforce. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants and continuing development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us