EU Cluster Design Formulation & Processing Technician– Skin care
Location: Port Sunlight R&D
The European Skin Care Cluster Design Team is looking for an exceptional Formulation and processing Technician to join our product development team to contribute to the success of our global and local brands.
In this role you will have the opportunity to:
- Work in a holistic end-to-end product design role, working in all aspects of product development, from formulation design to scale up for manufacturing.
- Work with the Brand and Category design teams to develop and land global innovations and new technologies and formats to the cluster.
- Design and implement new projects for regional and local innovations, including working with 3rd parties under the new Flash approach.
- Deliver 5S savings and Blue Funnel formulation and processing activities
- Closely collaborate with regional and global formulation and processing teams, while being an integral part of a cross functional team, partnering with Supply chain, regulatory affairs, global ingredient specialists and procurement.
- Lead projects as a Cluster Design Technical Project Leader, extending the end-to-end experience to incorporate the development and delivery of the product story and claims.
Joining our Skin Care EU team means working within a dedicated and ambitious team on the development and upkeep of high impact Global and local specialist brands. We offer an agile and open-minded environment with strong, proactive, passionate thinkers who are constantly seeking to improve purpose in terms of brand, people, sustainability, technology & business growth.
As a member of the Cluster Design team, you will have the chance to collaborate with, and guide, multi-disciplinary teams and external partners to create products consumers want and love. The PC R&D Deploy Skin Care team is responsible for all go-to-market activities for the EU portfolio, including launching new technologies in Europe and extending existing ranges, as well as supporting Supply Chain. The PC Deploy team works closely together with the R&D Design (global development centres), and regional functional teams such as Brand Development, Supply Chain, and Procurement.
- Formulation development and recommendation for a wide range of products and formats. Development involves formulation proposal within EU/UK regulatory requirements, design and evaluate experiments for validation and report as well as scale up and adapt bench-scale processes to pilot and manufacturing scale.
- Processing Workstream leader for the EU cluster design team, and actively collaborate with Global, Regional and Local teams.
- Work closely with other functions, such as marketing and supply chain, to create, develop and deliver new products and innovations
- Write formulation and processing specifications and implement processes at Unilever and third party manufacturing facilities.
- Design and execute trial proposals for manufacturing trials.
- Work and communicate effectively with different departments and functions to deliver against the project network timings and identify and manage risks.
All About You
- You are a natural problem solver: the ability and passion to problem solve is essential!
- You’re a great translator: Must be able to translate the regulatory landscape and consumer expectations into products that continue to delight and bring growth to the company
- You love to win, and have fun doing it: A passion for success is a must. Detail orientated and able to manage multiple projects
- You have a special ability to connect with people: you can connect people from different functions and have a great ability to talk about technical challenges in an easy engaging way
What we offer
Not only do we offer a competitive salary, but also our pension scheme, an annual bonus, a free gym, a staff shop and shares. You’ll get the opportunity to work directly with our renowned and exciting brands in a flexible and agile environment. We strive to achieve a family-friendly culture and to, above all, create possibilities for all.
Diversity at Unilever is about inclusion, embracing differences, creating possibilities and growing together for better business performance. We embrace diversity in our workforce. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants and continuing development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us