Be part of the world’s most successful, purpose-led business. Work with brands that are well-loved around the world, that strive to improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us every day. Every day, nine out of ten Indian households use our products to feel good, look good and get more out of life – giving us a unique opportunity to build a brighter future. We promote innovation, big and small, to make our business win and grow; and we believe in business as a force for good. Our brilliant business leaders and colleagues provide mentorship and inspiration, so you can be at your best.
At HUL, we believe that every individual irrespective of their race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, nationality, caste, disability or marital status can bring their purpose to life. So apply to us, to unleash your curiosity, challenge ideas and disrupt processes; use your energy to make the world a better place. As you work to make a real impact on the business and the world, we’ll work to help you become a better you!
We are looking to hire aDigital R&D Business Analyst – Product Information for Consumers based in Bangalore
What is this Role:
Our R&D vision is to Innovate Boldly for People and Planet, underpinning our purpose and sustainability goals and driving profitable growth through our Divisions and PMUs. In order to achieve this vision, the R&D Leadership Team (RDLT) has identified the Digital Transformation as a strategic enabler in our ambition to drive People and Planet Positive (Beauty & Personal Care), Force for Good (Foods &Refreshment) and Clean Future (Home Care). A multi-year program leading up to the desired digitally transformed end-state of R&D has been created.
This vacancy sits inside a Strategic Value Stream, is aligned with the divisional priorities and provides direction to our investments and technology roadmaps: E2E Digitalised Innovation Flow (Fully digitised and highly automated innovation workflows, re-wiring the way R&D works, enabling seamless data flow and integrating with systems in other functions, such as Marketing and Supply Chain). Widespread use of virtual simulations for formulation, packaging and process innovation are also part of this workstream.
More specifically, the role sits inside the Product Information Workstream in Digital R&D. This workstream offers product data and tools for divisions and functions to drive the end-to-end digitalisation to deliver product information to our consumers on pack and/or on-line.
We are looking for a Business Analyst who can work with the Digital R&D(DRD) team and the wider R&D user community, as well as other functions interested in the R&D Product Information for consumers, such as Marketing, Artwork Excellence, eCommerce and Customer Development
To that end, the person will:
- Liaise with the internal business to understand their digital goals and objectives
- Play a key role in gathering business requirements
- Document customer requirements clearly, so they can be communicated to technical development teams.
- Craft user journeys and concepts for user experiences and sculpt them to design digital systems, business processes and shape those programmes to ensure delight and adoption
- Propose effective technical solutions to support business goals and objectives, which may vary depending on costs, timelines, and functionality
- Lead solution implementations, including project, stakeholder and risk management, assist during development, testing and go-live, and communicate with the project team and technical development team throughout the project
- Act as a subject matter expert / internal consultant and first point of contact for given functional area of expertise delivering coaching and consultancy internally within the DRD function, but also with business
- Be focused on business process standardization, optimization, improvement, and documentation of the related system architecture
- Collaborate with local/remote development and support teams
- Drive rigour and relevance in identifying the diversity in As-Is situation for diverse audiences in Cluster/Categories/Capabilities
- Support a holistic creation of Learner and Business Needs’ analyses
- Deliver the learning programme, supporting change management activities. Be comfortable delivering sessions on digital tools, if needed
- Drive change management and training for R&D in project CARA, as a critical deliverable of Unilever’s cross-functional Product Data Management (PDM) program in the coming year(s)
- Develop solutions to deliver the R&D data needs to grow eCommerce as one of the key pillars of Unilever’s growth strategy
The ideal candidate will be a strong, enthusiastic person willing to go the extra mile to deliver digital solutions and ways of working in a new and exciting Digital R&D program. The role requires a strong passion and a demonstrated capability to influence, partner and drive change across many interfaces globally, with a penchant for listening and facilitation. The role provides an excellent opportunity to grow and develop leadership, change management, training, and stakeholder management capabilities and to build a wide network in the R&D community.
This role reports to the Product Information Program Leader, in the Digital R&D organisation, with the main responsibility to deliver the holistic E2E digitalisation program for the R&D product information needs for consumers of Unilever products, and act as first point of contact from R&D for non-R&D functions in this area.
Skills - Essential
- Have a basic appreciation of the key digital trends driving disruption as well as R&D business process and product design
- Experience in Category R&D is preferable though not a must
- Understand the key innovation business processes, with a deeper understanding of the R&D related activities
- Must excel at:
- Devising solutions with creativity, courage, and pragmatism
- Be able to understand business users needs and craft targeted change management solutions across a complex set of users
- Be driven by delivery, be obsessed with experimenting, failing, refining, trying again
- Stellar communication skills: face to face and virtual, confident to face a stage and improvise, for example!
- Impressive Influencing Skills
- Be able to learn to learn constantly – willing to flex!
These skills below are fundamentals:
- Strengths in growth mindset, accountability, and responsibility
- Passion for developing new solutions and building new capabilities
- Experience in virtual global working
- Strategic thinking: Ability to develop strategies and translate into actionable plans to deliver business benefit.
- Fully operational in project management/ leadership on a global scale across a cross functional team
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us