Be part of the world’s most successful, purpose-led business. Work with brands that are well-loved around the world, that strive to improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us every day. Every day, nine out of ten Indian households use our products to feel good, look good and get more out of life – giving us a unique opportunity to build a brighter future. We promote innovation, big and small, to make our business win and grow; and we believe in business as a force for good. Our brilliant business leaders and colleagues provide mentorship and inspiration, so you can be at your best.
At HUL, we believe that every individual irrespective of their race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, nationality, caste, disability or marital status can bring their purpose to life. So apply to us, to unleash your curiosity, challenge ideas and disrupt processes; use your energy to make the world a better place. As you work to make a real impact on the business and the world, we’ll work to help you become a better you!
We are looking to hire a Digital R&D Business Analyst – Consumer and Claims based in Bangalore
What is this Role:
Our R&D vision is to Innovate Boldly for People and Planet, underpinning our purpose and sustainability goals and driving profitable growth through our Divisions and PMUs. In order to achieve this vision, the RDLT has identified the Digital Transformation as a strategic enabler in our ambition to drive People and Planet Positive (BPC), Force for Good (F&R) and Clean Future (HC). A multi-year program leading up to the desired digitally transformed end-state of R&D has been created – to transform Unilever R&D into a real-time, data-driven, fully digitalized innovation engine that is digitally connected with the innovation ecosystem, customers and consumers, and leverages artificial intelligence and automation to continuously optimise and accelerate impactful innovation.
This vacancy sits inside a Strategic Value Stream, is aligned with the divisional priorities and provides direction to our investments and technology roadmaps: E2E Digitalised Innovation Flow (Fully digitised and highly automated innovation workflows, re-wiring the way R&D works, enabling seamless data flow and integrating with systems in other functions, such as Marketing and Supply Chain). Widespread use of virtual simulations for formulation, packaging and process innovation are also part of this workstream.
More specifically, the role sits inside the Consumer and Claims group in Digital R&D. This workstream offers claims data capture, claims generation and assessment for divisions and functions to drive Bigger, Bolder and Faster claims as an integral part of our product story and proposition. Further this workstream will require building connected data and tools to drive uniqueness and superiority of our consumer insights – by integrating social listening data and tools, consumer data for product and claims, market loopback.
We are looking for a Business Analyst who can work with the Digital R&D team and the wider R&D user community, as well as other functions such as Marketing, CMI, Legal, Regulatory to lead specific solution implementations and play a critical role in rewiring consumer and claims data and processes.
To that end, the person will:
- Develop digital system solutions and business processes which help drive efficiencies, codify knowledge and facilitate impactful innovations for consumer insights and claims generation to substantiation.
- Liaise with the internal business to understand their digital goals and objectives
- Craft user journeys and concepts for user experiences and sculpt them to design digital systems, business processes and shape those programmes to ensure value, delight and adoption
- Play a key role in gathering business requirements, so they can be communicated to technical development teams.
- Propose effective technical solutions to support business goals and objectives, which may vary depending on costs, timelines, and functionality
- Fully understand and craft the Claims business process, standardization, automation and digitalization of the Claims process in Unilever R&D and Legal
- Lead solution implementations, including project, stakeholder and risk management, assist during development, testing and go-live, and communicate with the project team and technical development team throughout the project
- Act as a subject matter expert / internal consultant and first point of contact for given functional area of expertise of Claims and Substantiation delivering coaching and consultancy internally within the DRD function, but also with business
- Be focused on business process standardization, optimization, improvement, and documentation of the related system architecture
- Collaborate with local/remote development and support teams
- Drive rigour and, relevance in identifying the diversity in As-Is situation for diverse audiences in Cluster/Categories/Capabilities
- Support a holistic creation of Learner and Business Needs’ analyses
- Deliver the learning programme, supporting change management activities. Be comfortable delivering sessions on digital tools, if needed
- Support change management and training for R&D in project CARA with respect to the Claims area, as a critical deliverable of Unilever’s cross-functional Product Data Management (PDM) program in the coming year(s)
The ideal candidate will be a strong, enthusiastic person willing to go the extra mile to deliver digital solutions and ways of working in a new and exciting Digital R&D program. The role requires a strong passion and a demonstrated capability to influence, partner and drive change across many interfaces, globally, with a penchant for listening and facilitation. The role provides an excellent opportunity to grow and develop leadership, change management, and stakeholder management capabilities and to build a wide network in the R&D community as also the extended x-functional community such as marketing, CMI, legal etc.
This role reports to the Consumer and Claims Systems Program Leader, in the Digital R&D organization, with the main responsibility to deliver the holistic E2E digitalization program for the consumer insights and claims data for our products.
Skills - Essential
- Must have a strong penchant to learn and exhibit curiosity with art of the possible.
- Have a basic appreciation of the key digital trends driving disruption as well as R&D business process and product design
- Experience in Category R&D/innovation development is preferred
- Experience in crafting claims, devising a claims substantiation strategy, and supporting challenges is highly desirable.
- Experience in translating consumer/market data into strong technical consumer insights for product development is helpful.
- Have an understanding of the key innovation business processes, with a deeper understanding of the R&D related activities
- Must excel at:
- Devising solutions with creativity, courage and pragmatism
- Be able to understand business users needs and craft targeted change management solutions across a complex set of users
- Be driven by delivery, be obsessed with experimenting, failing, refining, trying again
- Stellar communication skills: face to face and virtual, confident to face a stage and do improvise, for example!
- Impressive Influencing Skills
- Be able to learn to learn constantly – willing to flex!
These skills below are fundamentals:
- Strengths in growth mindset, accountability, and responsibility
- Passion for developing new solutions and building new capabilities
- Experience in virtual global working
- Strategic thinking: Ability to develop strategies and translate into actionable plans to deliver business benefit
- Adaptability – having a keen sense of business needs and direction and being able to pivot
- Fully operational in project management/ leadership on a global scale across a cross functional team
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us