Be part of the world’s most successful, purpose-led business. Work with brands that are well-loved around the world, that strive to improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us every day. Every day, nine out of ten Indian households use our products to feel good, look good and get more out of life – giving us a unique opportunity to build a brighter future. We promote innovation, big and small, to make our business win and grow; and we believe in business as a force for good. Our brilliant business leaders and colleagues provide mentorship and inspiration, so you can be at your best.
At HUL, we believe that every individual irrespective of their race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, nationality, caste, disability or marital status can bring their purpose to life. So apply to us, to unleash your curiosity, challenge ideas and disrupt processes; use your energy to make the world a better place. As you work to make a real impact on the business and the world, we’ll work to help you become a better you!
We are looking to hire a Digital R&D Business Analyst – Virtual Product Development based in Bangalore
Our R&D vision is to Innovate Boldly for People and Planet, underpinning our purpose and sustainability goals - and driving profitable growth through our Divisions and PMUs. In order to achieve this vision, the R&D Leadership Team(RDLT) has identified the Digital Transformation as a strategic enabler in our ambition to drive strategic initiatives, including People and Planet Positive (Beauty & Personal Care), Future Foods (Foods & Refreshment) and Clean Future (Home Care).
R&D is developing best-in-class modelling &analytics capabilities that leverage investments in systems, tools and data to extract value. Modelling codifies our knowledge into algorithms that can improve our scientific discovery rate, design & optimize processes for manufacturing, deliver insights &recommendations, and deliver product superiority. Models are democratised for wide use by R&D professionals to drive product superiority and efficiencies and this, working in partnership with category teams, is a key activity for Digital R&D.
We are looking for a Business Analyst who can work with the Digital R&D team as well as the wider R&D user community. To that end, the successful candidate will:
- Work with category and functional teams to understand their digital project goals and objectives.
- Document customer requirements clearly, so they can be communicated to technical development teams. Specifically, they will craft user journeys, concepts for user experiences, sculpt them to design digital systems, business processes, and shape those programmes to ensure delight and adoption
- Propose effective technical solutions to support business goals and objectives.
- Manage the solution implementation, including project, stakeholder and risk management, and communicating with the project team and technical development team throughout the project
- Identify new opportunities for enhancing the Virtual Product Development (VPD) capability and capture these opportunities in a required format
- Identify and document User Acceptance & Go Live testing.
- Provide assistance to users during UAT and Go-Live, for example through knowledge transfer and training
- Act as a subject matter expert / internal consultant and first point of contact for given functional area of expertise delivering coaching and consultancy internally within the DRD function, and also within the business
- Contribute to business process standardization, optimization, and improvement.
- Collaborate with local/remote development and support teams
- Undertake learning needs analysis
- Deliver learning sessions and support change management activities, including development and delivery of demonstration.
- Manage project documentation (e.g. model onboarding documents) and ensuring this collateral is stored appropriately
- Add to the knowledge base of VPD materials
- Support and grow the VPD Community of Practice and Super User Community with regular communications, knowledge transfer sessions and materials
The ideal candidate will be a strong, passionate person willing to go the extra mile to deliver digital solutions and ways of working in a new and exciting Digital R&D programme focused on Virtual Product Development. The role requires a demonstrated capability to influence, partner and drive change across many interfaces, globally, with a strong ability for listening and facilitation.
The role provides an excellent opportunity to grow and develop leadership, change management, training and stakeholder management capabilities and to build a wide network in the R&D community, and at the same time be part of some of the most exciting developments ever with in R&D. It will provide exposure to senior stakeholders across all Unilever categories and would be an excellent career move for someone who understands that Digital capabilities will be at the heart of future R&D.
This role reports to Virtual Product Development Manager, in the Digital R&D organization.
- Ability to work in an agile way – i.e. Be driven by delivery, be obsessed with experimenting, failing, refining, trying again
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with different teams and partners
- Ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural teams across geographies
- Flexibility to respond to fast changing requirements
- Creative thinker with an attention to detail
- Determination to see projects through to successful conclusion
- Passion to learn new things, to develop new solutions and build new capabilities. Devise solutions with creativity, courage and pragmatism
- Have a basic appreciation of the key digital trends driving disruption as well as R&D business process and product design
- Experience in virtual global working
- BSc/MSc in R&D-relevant field
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience in digital field
- Agile Scrum knowledge will be added advantage (but not essential)
- Unilever category R&D experience is preferred (but not essential)
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us