Background & Purpose of the Job
As the skin care fragrance team, our mission is to elevate consumers’ experiences by delivering delightful fragrances to our consumers. We are also responsible for managing the portfolio as well as regulatory compliance across all markets. The creation of this role will enable the team to keep delivering against innovation briefs and regulatory compliance with speed and excellence.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
The focus of this role is to lead the fragrance work for skin care innovation projects and keeping the portfolio up to date. The core responsibilities of the role are 1) independently manage all fragrance workstreams for certain brands globally 2) lead the digital agenda 3) manage regulatory projects across all markets, 4) build relationships with all key interfaces to enable collaboration 5) lead and manage the fragrance development process, internally and externally, assessing fragrances and making fragrance recommendations across all project types (innovation, regulatory) 6) communicate the fragrance agenda in non-experts terms. While doing all this, keeping consumers and speed at the heart of everything we do!
You’re a born leader: This job requires the candidate to be an empowered leader in order to operate with independence and agility. Leadership will enable the process to go smooth, unlock the typical roadblocks efficiently and enable a positive experience for all involved.
You’re a storyteller: Fragrance is where art meets science. Storytelling is a powerful tool when working with fragrances.
You’re a paradox navigator: Fragrance is not an exact science. Navigating paradox in a way that lets Unilever win in the marketplace is a very valuable skill for this role.
You’re a culture & change champion: The role and the context in which we operate is a very dynamic one.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- 5+ years of relevant scientific fragrance experience required, experience in skin care a plus!
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Biology, or Chemical Engineering. Fragrance working knowledge required.
- In order to succeed in this role, it’s key to have a passion for high performance, agility and consumer love.
- The candidate should be able to prioritize complex workloads, ability to work across multiple time zones and self-motivate. Leadership and good communication are critical to be able to deliver on this role considering the nature of the work and interfaces with stakeholders.
- It’s also very important that the candidate be a team player, who enjoys collaboration within the fragrance team and with key interfaces, who can inspire the interfaces to go the extra mile when things get challenging and someone who will dedicate time, passion and energy to ensure we win as a team.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics by federal, state, or local law. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us