We are currently seeking a Logistics Operator in Jefferson City, MO, to support our evening shift. The incumbent will load/unload trucks, support production, store and maintain raw and packaging inventories. Logistics Operator is also required to operate, maintain, improve and repair equipment within our inbound and outbound areas. Such as our Depalletizer and Palletizer equipment. Work overtime as required. All Company employees must conduct Company business in every instance in accordance with the highest standards of ethical business conduct.
- Actively supports the Plant’s WCM initiative by completing all scheduled training and assigned WCM responsibilities.
- Operates various fork trucks and pallet jacks after certification training, with periodic recertification.
- Operates palletizers and automatic bottle handling/ de-palletizer equipment.
- Ability to demonstrate understanding and use of productivity, safety, and informational tools (PCs, RF, JDA, SAP, Impact Sensors, Factory Systems).
- Ability to operate material handling equipment where appropriate (fork truck, pallet jack, sky Jack, deep reach, clamp apparatus, etc).
- Ability to train associates on warehouse systems and programs and document accordingly.
- Ability to use warehouse systems and programs (i.e. Work Orders, B.O.M., locator, etc).
- Handle material issues and returns to and from production process.
- Move materials around Warehouse using SAP.
- Audit materials as part of inventory maintenance.
- Maintain housekeeping and 5-S program in assigned areas.
- Must be able to load and unload trailers properly and safely.
- Must scan, ticket and document finished goods skids correctly.
- Perform all other Duties as assigned.
- Problem solve and troubleshoot automated equipment.
- Plan and Carry out Autonomous Activities in the Warehouse areas.
- Communicate clearly to production team, support staff and supervision both written and verbally.
- Make accurate shift notes, utilize computer systems when appropriate and involve others who have interest in information.
- Receive and understand written and verbal instructions by following through and reacting to information communicated to you by others.
- Ability to follow systematic instructions (e.g., Process chart, SOP, Inventory process, safety procedures, etc.)
- Participate effectively in a team environment by relating positively and in a timely manner to others, including meetings.
- Take the initiative to seek new ways to do things by considering alternative approaches to common problems.
- Ability to perform job unsupervised by making own decisions and taking responsibility.
- Work with the team in the problem-solving process to collect appropriate data, analyze information and reach consensus or recommended solutions.
- Perform primary calculations necessary to record productivity, inventory auditing and complete all transactions in assigned areas.
- Support design and implement improvements to material flow, ergonomics, accessibility and safety.
- Plan, carry out and review Focused Improvement activities to eliminate losses and prevent recurrence. All associates will give oral presentations.
- Reduce costs due to waste and minimize impact to health, safety and the environment through working to eliminate waste and through the correct management of waste materials.
- Adhere to plant GMP guidelines.
- Coordinate, schedule, and communicate within team to provide break, over time, and vacation coverage to ensure that team resources can meet operational requirements.
- Flexible work schedule. Work shift as assigned and overtime as required.
- Effective computer skills in order to use PC programs, Windows, SAP, Rockwell supervisory system
- Takes initiative to learn new skills, identify opportunities, and problem solve.
- Highly motivated, implicitly trusted and respectful of others.
- Participate effectively in a team environment by relating positively with other team members in order to problem solve and work toward a common goal.
- Perform primary calculations necessary to record productivity, complete product line run outs, and complete all documentation/ measurements required in assigned area.
- Ability to utilize existing OPLs, SOPs, and downtime documentation to troubleshoot.
- Abide by all plant Safety, Health, & Environment (SHE) policies.
- Attend all Safety, Health, & Environment (SHE) training.
- Work with a positive Safety, Health, & Environment (SHE) attitude.
- Serve on a Safety, Health, & Environment (SHE) team as assigned.
- Be aware of plant SHE significant aspects.
Promotional Progression: (List and Describe)
- Progressions within the department are based on skills gained, time in department, and performance
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- At least 3 years of warehouse and fork truck experience.
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work the evening shift (6pm to 6:15am).
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics by federal, state, or local law. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us