JOB TITLE: Assistant Procurement Manager
JOB LOCATION: Istanbul Head Office (Remote during Covid-19 cautions)
DEPARTMENT: Supply Chain (SC)
RELOCATION TERMS: Local Terms Only
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
A Great Supply Chain is the key winning formula for everyday’s business world and supply chain is the spine of success in every company.
· If you are looking for a job where you will find a delightful combination of strategy, creativity and execution that changes the score of the game by creating value.
· If you are looking for team members with passion for success, ability and will to make use of change and to win at all times.
We are an organization growing proudly with real value creation.
Join us to add your mark to the list of “Made by You”.
We are looking for an Ass Procurement Manager to work in our Istanbul Head Office located in İstanbul.
Main job purpose
The main purpose of the role is to guarantee the perfect execution of the Procurement Strategy into Foods & Refreshment category. It considers not only the category itself, but also the factories and other areas in the Supply Chain. It is the position that links the main projects and materials strategies into the P&L of the category and in the daily routines of the Foods & Refreshment factories in Turkey while managing the major transformational projects in procurement.
• Delivery of the cost savings and cash objectives.
• Developing and implementing strategies for the procurement of the respective portfolios.
• Working closely with the Global Procurement teams to support the business with accurate price forecasting, which includes market conditions, price trends and future market trends to enable proper budgeting and price forecasting.
• Supplier relationship management and service development.
• Handling professionally diverse customer supplier or operational issues when they arise.
• Identifying metrics, tools and processes to optimize sourcing, supplier activities and efficiencies.
• Initiating and driving complexity reduction projects (e.g. harmonization of specifications and suppliers).
• Supporting development and implementation of Unilever procurement strategies/policies.
• Supporting innovation projects through providing market intelligence, supplier capabilities and capacity.
Part of the global procurement team, responsible for all purchase commercial activities for food ingredients and commodities.
Key role activities:
• Scope: Manage 90 m € spend among Commodities and Ingredients 3 different sites, 50 suppliers, 200 RM.
• Constant alignment to global cover policy & cross category projects (SUSO, USQS, Resilience, FC).
• Responsible to deliver Global Portfolio's strategies and implement in local business.
• Learning local business needs and requirements. Develop strong and effective interfaces to be connect to company needs.
• Leading negotiation develop strong relationship with suppliers & learn their market abilities.
• Building local Portfolio strategic plan.
• Following up markets and frequent report price trends to the business for annual planning.
• Constant Explore and analyze saving opportunities to generate sustainable savings.
• Building the whole infrastructure for successful negotiation with supplier.
• Collecting all necessary data from the operational buyers
• Learning local business future expectations from supplier, innovations ext.
• Analyzing supplier's behavior, spend, and past performance.
• Verifying supplier compliance, Audits required date as integral part of negotiation.
• Learning the global market trends and align with global portfolio teams on the strategy and further requirements from supplier.
• Developing cost models with suppliers to enable cover transparency.
• Seeking for new development areas with supplier.
• Assessing, identify and select the appropriate supplier base that would meet the needs of the business.
• Setting skilled negotiation with supplier in order to gain saving and create positive impact on turn over.
• Building local business both, short and long-term strategy.
• Maping both global and local supplier's capabilities in different portfolios.
• Learning supplier's Kosher and production abilities to match Israel strict requirements to have ASA.
• Following up and drive suppliers to UL content wow adjustment.
• Generate CCF to create local contracts via CLM
• Responsible for UPC (SAP contract) content and the needed adjustments
• Fully ensuring supplier Compliance.
• Weekly reviewing on supplier's compliance status.
• Settting meeting and calls with suppliers to make sure they renew their compliance.
• Condition compliance as integral part of renewing contract with supplier.
• Full responsibility on signing global MET specs with suppliers.
• Supporting in Conveying global signing specs to all relevant stockholders and make sure teams follow up the right wow.
• Aligning with local R&D- Interspec team on localized specs and get their approval for global specs that can be sign.
• Arranging calls with suppliers and R&D team to bridge up the gaps arise in global specs.
• Aligning with MET and Interspec team on the right wow with supplier.
• Seeking for alternative suppliers that can match global signed spec and local business requirements.
• Filling in SSO tool for MET/ Achilles contact creation with supplier.
• Ensuring suppliers sign on global specification and share sign spec with relevant team.
Global Market Intelligence Update:
• Participant CRM monthly calls set for each portfolio.
• Base cover strategy according to CRM cover Policy.
• Frequent consultant with suppliers and CRM to challenge cover price and generate market advantage.
Local Management price update review:
• Providing constant market trend to local business and validate cover performance.
• Delivering monthly Price forecast of all Pareto Items to local finance.
• Supporting local team to lead innovations with RM market trends.
• Supporting 3PM manager in building skilled market get market trends
Global team Price review- Phoenix:
• Aligning with CRM and global portfolios teams on report price forecast.
• Providing monthly forecast for Key RM and quarterly forecast to all RM. (about 600 Lines).
• Validating HANA cycle performance
• Closely following up market movements to capture advantages on market with changed cover periods.
• Enlarge competitiveness buy approving more than one supplier to each RM.
• Always seeking for potential RM development with suppliers.
• Building MOB business cases to identify potential savings.
• Contributing about 40% of Israel savings.
• Developing sustainability strategy with suppliers and support build global portfolio road map.
• Connecting with global proposed suppliers that can potentially provide Israel required RM.
• Supporting market team to deliver sustainable status to marketing team.
• Providing quarterly sustainable on costs to finance and management.
Global team interface:
• Participating monthly engagement portfolio team skype meeting.
• Alignment calls for global strategy and KPI's implementation.
• Intermediately between local market needs to global team strategy.
• Supporting global team to have a better understanding on local business requirements and special needs.
• Providing frequent reports and exercise implementation to keep global teams involvement.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• Minimum 3-4 years of experience in Procurement
• Ability to work in a fast paced, high change environment
• Analytical thinking and proven ability to solve problems and sustain
results through a data driven process
• Fluency in English is a must.
• Negotiation & commercial skills
• Managing complexity of Materials
• Working with multi interfaces skills
• Efficient Time management – Multitasking
• Able to work with a variety of IT systems and have a strong
knowledge oExcel & Power point.
• strong on execution, have analytical skills and be pro-active.
• Working independently and virtually
• Able to build relationships with people across the business
(internally & externally).
• Able to present key findings in a crisp way
• Follower on multitasker
• Living (or willing to live) in İstanbul.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us