At Unilever you are more than your job title, you are part of the world’s most successful, purpose-led business. Work with brands that are well-loved around the world, that improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us.
We produce world-leading brands including Knorr, Dove, Axe, Hellmann’s and Omo, alongside trusted local names and innovative-forward thinking brands like Ben & Jerry’s, The Dollar Shave Club and Surf.
Be part of the most successful purpose-led business in the world. Have the opportunity to see the true impact that you’re having in the work you do - every small thing counts.
Job Main Purpose:
- Possess multiple skills in the areas of Design, develop and test digital subsystems.
- Analyze requirements, identify required work, and estimate development tasks.
- Perform in conjunction with software development team to ensure system meets operational requirements, , electricity, electronics, and mechanical systems
- Interpersonal skills to lead and communicate with peers.
- Ability to perform under pressure.
- Possess a deep understanding of Ethernet communication, Control Logic and Programmable Logic Control (PLC). Mainly Siemens S5 AND S7 Series.
- Demonstrate knowledge concerning general safety protocol and procedures regarding field operations.
- Possess broad-based knowledge for successfully troubleshoot, diagnose, and solve problems that relate to digitalization.
- Electro-mechanical skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Knowledge in the areas of computers and electronics which relates to circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, computer software and hardware.
- Knowledge relating to the practical application in the areas of interpreting science and technology; ability to apply relevant principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment for the design and production of goods and services.
- Mechanical knowledge concerning machines and tools. It includes design, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of mathematics as it relates to arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their various applications.
- Understanding troubleshooting in determining the causes of operating errors and knowing what to do spontaneously.
- Critical thinking ability which requires using logic and reasoning to identify the strength and weaknesses of alternative solutions or approaches to problems in both technical and non-technical areas.
- Ability to properly read, understand, and interpret written sentences and paragraphs relating to work documents.
- Ability to put pieces of information together to form general rules and conclusions.
- Knowledge of C#/Python will be a plus.
- Experience of working with Power BI, App Development and any Cloud Systems will be a plus.
- Demonstration of a detailed project related to any field of Data Science will be a plus
Job Key Responsibilities:
- Adhere to safety standards all the time.
- Undertake emergency troubleshooting on mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic equipment to determine problems associated with propre detailed root cause analysis.
- Assist in the maintenance of equipment so as to ensure that equipment and processes run smoothly.
- Provide technical assistance and support regarding all projects, installations, and repairs.
- Maintain smooth communication with different departments and peers.
- Ensure the use of a digital dashboard for thorough analysis and fault reviews.
- Conduct investigations; recommend counter measures using kaizen approach.
- Investigate and deploy latest continuous improvement tools and digital strategies according to UMS (Unilever Manufacturing System).
- Upgrade hardware and software for improved process control.
- Prepare periodic reports on the progress made concerning faulty machines, errors, and processes.
- Provide regular system operation training on automated systems.
- Support the implementation of site improvement projects.
- Take care of installation, maintenance, and inspection of control systems and workstation installations at the facility
- Apply extensively the full range of focused and quality improvement methods and tools to counter losses identified across different functions.
- Coordinate other workers to achieve departmental goals.
- Provide technical monitoring for other automation technicians.
- Assist in the specification, installation, and modifications of the systems.
- Support digitalizing the identified technical Standards to ensure process stability on the line.
- Able to drive sustainable results in performance improvement.
Job Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical, Electronics, Mechatronics or Robotics Engineering, or a closely related technical field.
- 0-2 years’ experience in a production environment, particularly automation technology.
- Awareness of data collection networking
- Awareness for PLC versions
- Basic knowledge in MS office/SAP.
- Awareness of all the general safety protocols to be followed in a Factory.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude
- Strong communication skills and stakeholder management
- Team player with excellent analytical skills and proven problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong technical understanding of manufacturing process improvement.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us