Location: Amityville, NY
Shift: 3rd shift 11:00 pm - 7:00 am (Sun -Thurs)
The Cleaner reports to the Cleaning Supervisor. This individual is self-motivated and possesses strong teamwork, interpersonal, written/verbal communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Basic knowledge of operating and maintaining various cleaning equipment
- Knowledge of the procedures and processes involved in cleaning and sanitizing packaging equipment (filler machines, pumps and the entire filling line).
- Responsible for insuring all equipment are cleaned as per SOP, on time and according to production needs
- Enforce company safety policies and practices by maintaining accountability. Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Excellent log book and record keeping abilities
- Log book recording of cleaning activities and solutions
- Possess physical ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Conform to S.O.P.’s and C.G.M.P. regarding cleaning and manufacturing operations
- Position requires shift flexibility with the ability to work overtime
- Work on special projects
- Other duties as needed
- High school diploma of GED equivalent (REQUIRED)
- A strong attention to detail i
- Ability to lift 50 pounds consistently.
- Absolute adherence to “ALL” PPE and safety regulations.
- The ability to stand for long periods of time, walk and climb, when necessary. Also must be able to reach and use hands to pick up objects, tools and controls.
- Flexibility to work other shifts, locations and overtime as deemed needed to meet business demands
- Should have good oral and written communication skills.
- Multilingual a plus
- Should have the ability to work in a team environment.
Employment is subject to verification of background screening.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics by federal, state, or local law. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us