Background & Purpose of the Job
The Human Resources Business Partner is responsible for delivering human resources activity and priorities within our North American Business and within the Ranick factory specifically. This will include, but is not limited to, Talent Management / Succession Planning, Organizational and Leadership Development, Employee Engagement, Change Management, Employee Advocacy, Conflict Resolution, People Development via World Class Manufacturing (WCM) methodology and Coaching & Counseling.
The Ranick HRBP position is also responsible for connecting people to bring out their best and improve the site via using creative tools to people engage. This role not only helps tie the leadership team together but also owns the factory’s relationships in the community. Ranick is within Unilever’s Beauty & Wellbeing Business Unit in North America and has just over 200 people working at the factory.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- Participate in business planning and ensure alignment of HR delivery with business goals. The HRBP establishes objectives and shapes/delivers HR strategy based on metrics for the attainment of the business strategy and the Unilever global Compass objectives.
- Business partners to senior leaders, managers and teams in business delivery through enhancing their capability to deliver the Compass objectives, manage their people, implement change and build relations with key stakeholders (internal and external). Brokers HR solutions to meet business needs.
- Leads complex change and transformation programs in alignment with business strategy.
- Maintains an external perspective, anticipates people trends, and translates it into strategy.
- Utilizes the talent development process and tools delivered by the Expertise Teams in order to provide and develop the diverse talent pipeline for both the short- and medium-term needs of the company.
- Collaborates with the business for the creation a high-performance culture by implementing team and organizational design solutions, providing measurable performance indicators and improvement plans.
- Maintains effective employee relations through regular connection with employees across all shifts and roles with the plant.
- As an employee advocate, the HRBP plays an integral role in organizational success through knowledge about and advocacy of people. Fostering effective methods of goal setting, communication and empowerment through responsibility, builds employee ownership of the organization. The HRBP helps establish and build the organizational culture and climate.
- Uses consultation skills to bring HR insight to bear on all people related issues (people, capabilities, organizational, leadership and culture).
- Leads HR team for site and participates as a leader within the SCHR Network to achieve the push the HR agenda.
- Ensures and facilitates HR service delivery to the business.
- Interfaces with many roles and support areas including: Legal, HR Services, HR Operations, HR Expertise Teams, etc.
- Utilizes key HR tools, systems and processes, including PeopleSoft/Core HR Systems, Learning Management System, Talent Plus Online, Global People Survey, and other related HR processes and tools.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- BA/BS Required. MBA or Master(s) is desirable.
- 5+ Years’ experience as HR Manager/HR Business Partner, preferably in a Consumer Packaged Goods setting.
- Experience leading teams and developing salary employees for growth
- History of developing and implementing strategic plans to meet business agenda
- Proven track record of successfully working in a complex, matrix organization.
- Takes ownership in leading the “soft” side of HR by using a diverse range of engagement tools to motivate people.
- Action-oriented to initiate appropriate resources and tools to ensure delivery on key HR processes.
- Continuous improvement / simplification mindset and experience.
- Ability to impact and influence different areas of the organization.
What We Can Offer You
Unilever at a Glance | Working at Unilever | Powering our Purpose | Planet & Society | Unilever’s Brands | Unilever on LinkedIn | Strategy | Unilever | Diversity, Equity & Inclusion | Careers at Unilever | Benefits, Learning, & Wellbeing | Latest News About Unilever
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us