Location: Amityville, NY
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
Job Purpose: Maintains production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment.
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic Job Duties:
- Capable of setup filling equipment according with the bulk and components required for the Job Sheet.
- Capable of performing electrical and mechanical repairs to packing machines
- Capable of setup capper machines, labelers, printers (coders) and box closing machines suitable for the product to be packed.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic equipment, conveyor systems, and production machines following operations manuals and manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using forklifts, hand and power tools.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests (Future application).
- Maintains continuity among work teams by communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Equipment Maintenance, Technical Understanding, Basic Safety, Power Tools, Attention to Detail, Flexibility, Job Knowledge, Productivity.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Ability to read, write and comprehend English; ability to follow oral and written instructions
Ability to speak Spanish a plus
Ability to work independently
Basic Computer skills (Use Scan Gun)
Some Higher level Computer skills preferred
Works well within team environment and provide support to other members of team
Works well with external teams to facilitate timely execution of projects, product launch, procurement and production schedules
Support safety rules, regulations and policies of the company
Leadership, motivational and team working skills
Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Must be able to lift heavy materials up to 50 lbs
Employment is subject to verification of a background check.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us