Quality Assurance Inspector
Location: Amityville NY
1st Shift: 6:30 am - 3:00 pm
Background & Purpose of the Job:
Unilever/Shea Moisture is founded on the principal of over serving the underserved and it is at the heart of all we do. We are natural, sustainably produced goodness made with love for you and your body. Pioneering fair trade through Community Commerce at home and abroad. We strive to be sulfate free, paraben free and more, whenever possible. Tested on our family for four generations, never on animals
The Quality Assurance Inspector plays a necessary role in the daily operations of the facility. The primary function of the Quality department is to ensure compliance with FDA and other regulatory agency requirements, as well as internal quality systems requirements for the facility.
Collects, organizes, monitors, and distributes information related to quality functions, possibly including but not limited to compliance to and/or documentation of quality management standards, regulations, and corporate SOP’s.Typically generates reports/documents using computer skills and distributes to various users in the organization.
What You’ll Do:
- Completes all Unilever required testing, inspection, and analysis of incoming raw materials, packaging materials, compounding batches/neuters and finished goods using cGMP’s and GLP.
- Records, reviews, and manages quality data into designated systems and makes proper usage decisions to release product to the market in timely manner (Excel, SAP, JDA, etc.).
- Reviews & manages quality paperwork including filing.
- Ensures that all applicable test methods are in place, and that all laboratory testing equipment is appropriate, calibrated/verified and operates to the required standard. This includes reviewing and revising all quality SOP’s.
- Follows non-conforming procedures to hold or release in-bound materials, work-in-process and finished product. Create SNCR’s and partners with Supplier’s to resolve open issues. Includes inspection of non-conforming product to recommend disposition.
- Supports requirements related to innovations, VIP projects, trials, validations, data analysis, etc.
- Cross trained in all areas of the quality department and works in each area on a periodic basis as determined by management.
- Supports and updates quality databases
- Troubleshoot quality related issues with the operations team, audit and support warehouse quarantine areas, perform hygiene audits, quality waste tracker and other factory quality audits.
- Special projects including maintaining standards, ordering supplies, and Quality related programs.
- Supports the mission, values and vision of the company.
- Maintains the best interest of Unilever/Sundial Brands.
- Work with employees of Unilever/Sundial Brands in a positive and constructive manner to maintain a professional relationship. Demonstrates courtesy, discretion, friendliness and diplomacy.
- Works within a team environment to share information and help others as needed.
- All other duties as assigned
Note: The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional task may be assigned to the employee from time to time or as necessitated by business demands.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- 2 year degree or 3 year manufacturing experience
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in Quality preferred
- Should possess good organizational and time management skills
- Possess strong verbal and written communications
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint) a plus
- Bilingual (English and Spanish, spoken and written) a plus
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us