Location: Amityville, NY
Shift A: Friday 11PM-11AM
Shift B:Saturday 11AM-11PM
Industrial Maintenance Jr. Mechanic
Job Purpose: Maintains production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment.
- Capable of setup filling equipment according with the bulk and components required for the Job Sheet.
- Capable of setup capper machines, labelers, printers (coders) and box closing machines suitable for the product to be packed.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic equipment, conveyor systems, and production machines following operations manuals and manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests (Future application).
- Maintains continuity among work teams by communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Equipment Maintenance, Technical Understanding, Basic Safety, Power Tools, Attention to Detail, Flexibility, Job Knowledge, Productivity.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Ability to read, write and comprehend English; ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- A strong attention to detail is required for this position.
- Should have the ability to work in a team environment.
Employment is subject to verification of a pre-screening , which may includes a background check.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us