Line Leader Operations, Manufacturing Packing
Location: Amityville, NY
2nd shift-3:00 pm -11:30 pm
These are direct hires, full time position with a full benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Profit sharing, Tuition/Fitness reimbursement, Paid leaves, Hourly Bonus payouts, etc.)
Benefits are effective the first day of hire (where applicable)
Onsite Company store for product purchases
Uniforms and PPE provided by the company
COVID protocol/guidelines enforced
Background & Purpose of the Job
Unilever - Sundial is founded on the principal of over serving the underserved and it is at the heart of all we do. We are natural, sustainably produced goodness made with love for you and your body. Pioneering fair trade through Community Commerce at home and abroad. We strive to be sulfate free, paraben free and more, whenever possible. Tested on our family for four generations, never on animals.
A packing Line Leader in a manufacturing environment is responsible for managing one or more high-speed production lines, operators and assembly workers. Line leaders are accountable for productivity, efficiency and the effectiveness of their staff, as well as ensuring that all safety and company protocols are being met. Additionally, the Line Leader ensures that production schedules are executed, completed and communicated.
- Ability to work .5 hours before the scheduled start of the shift to insure the production line is ready to run at the start of the shift
- Properly fill out Line Identification Form and the Line Clearance Check forms before starting any of the Production lines
- Supervise line members to ensure that requirements for each position on the line are met. State positions of lines
- Orientate and train new/existing employees with process and rules for the lines
- Enforce company safety policies and practices (by maintaining accountability)
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on proper GMP. Executing cleaning guidelines to ensure a clean and clutter free workplace
- Ensuring that each product meet Sundial standards – weight, label position, product consistency, batch # etc.
- Accurate and timely data input for production runs, # of line workers, batch #, batch counts
- Must pull one retain sample from the middle of the production run.
- Work independently of supervisor
- Communicate to the Production supervisor issues with the line or personnel
- Develop and encourage a positive and motivated work team
- The ability to work in other company locations to meet company requirements.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, write and speak English. Spanish a plus
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, walk and climb, when necessary.
- Must be able to reach and use hands to pick up objects, tools and controls.
- Must be able to lift or move 5 to 25 lbs.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us