Location: 11 Ranick Drive, Amityville, NY
2nd Shift:3:00 pm - 11:30 pm
The Material Handler reports to the Warehouse Manager. This individual is self-motivated and possesses strong teamwork, interpersonal, written/verbal communication, and problem-solving skills.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
The Material Handler is responsible to:
- Prepares orders by processing requests and supply orders utilizing RF scanners; pulling materials; packing boxes; weighing packed orders & placing orders in delivery area.
- Loading and unloading of goods and supplies and ensuring proper handling of the same.
- Assisting in making pallets of goods and materials to put on trucks for transportation.
- Ensuring the cleanliness and proper stocking of inventory in the work area.
- Maintaining quality in the warehouse and report all damaged inventory to the supervising.
- Proper packing, labeling and tagging of the inventory in the warehouse.
- Maintaining warehouse equipment such as scales, forklifts, pallet jacks.
- Checking, counting and weighing of inventory.
- Shipping and Receiving procedures
- Perform daily cleanups as per business requirements
- Efficiently carrying out all orders of the supervisors.
- Working in accord with company safety regulations of the warehouse.
- Coordinating work with fellow workers and other team members.
- Certified in Power Jack and Forklift Operation
- Perform all requested functions according to business needs
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- High school diploma or a GED certificate from a certified institution (REQUIRED)
- 3-4 years warehouse experience
- A strong attention to detail is required for this position.
- Basic knowledge of using and operating warehouse machinery and equipment.
- Knowledge of using barcode equipment.
- Should be physically fit and be able to complete all assigned work efficiently.
- Flexibility to work other shifts, locations and overtime as deemed needed to meet business demands
- Operation of Power Jack and/or Forklift truck
- Should have good oral and written communication skills.
- Should have the ability to work in a team environment.
Employment is subject to background screening.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us