Main Purpose of the Job:
Communication Manager (CM) will be responsible for shaping and maintaining Unilever’s image and strategic relationships both at external (80%) and internal (20%) communication streams in Greece & Cyprus.
In external communication area the CM will be developing positive Unilever/category stories and turning them into opportunities with the media, as well as driving corporate reputation through strategic advocacy work. Moreover, the CM will handle media inquiries in Greece & Cyprus, actively engage with media with the objective to leverage Unilever’s global narrative and turn journalist into active advocates.
In terms of internal environment CM will be coordinating internal communications, ensuring constant and two-way flow of information between company Board and employees. CM will be leading internal media and supervise event activities to boost employee’s engagement and ensure alignment with company’s vision & strategy.
Communications Manager will report directly to EE Head of Communication (based in Warsaw), partnering with SCE Head of Countries for external publicity and important local updates.
- Daily management of Media Relations, External Affairs, and Sustainability agenda.
- Supervision and coordination of all company internal comms channels.
- Preparation of tailored high quality briefing papers, speeches and other background materials for internal and external purposes.
- Independently developing positive Unilever/category stories and turning them into opportunities with the media.
- Leading the Greece & Cyprus issue management, with help of the EE Comms Director & Global issue management teams.
- Drafting of position papers, Q&As and Social Media messaging on issues.
- Conducting of stakeholder mapping and stakeholder strategies for business critical issues.
- Supporting relationship building with key external stakeholders such as NGOs, academics, trade association members, customers, etc.
- Working with categories to develop broader communications strategies in the area of issue management and business/category advocacy.
- Supporting the business with the launch of product innovations that require acceptance of external stakeholders.
Skills – Experiences - Qualifications:
- 4+ years of experience in corporate communication area (or other relevant experience).
- Excellent communications skills.
- Experience in managing complex projects simultaneously.
- Strong strategic thinking, good business sense and stress resistance.
- Senior internal and external stakeholder management.
- Ability to work in multi-functional teams.
- Very good English & Microsoft Office skills.
Rewards & Benefits:
- Hybrid way of working
- A buddy will support you with your onboarding
- Competitive salary with performance-based bonuses
- Unlimited access to Unilever Learning Platform and Trainings that feels more like an adventure and less like a lecture
- Exciting team-building activities, because we believe in having fun while achieving greatness
- Healthy and wellness benefits, because we care about our heroes staying fit and fabulous
- Health and life insurance for you and your family
- Monthly allowance for lunch & commuting expenses
CVs will be treated in strict confidentiality.
Candidates, who meet specified qualifications, will be contacted by e-mail or telephone.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us