Main Job Responsibilities:
- Review and evaluate the effectiveness of the internal control system (Global Financial Controls Framework), ensuring that operating systems at the fundamental and transactional level provide adequate safeguards,
- Provide constructive recommendations to strengthen controls and minimize risk exposures (Operating Control Assessment).
- Plan, prepare, brief and review audits ensuring audit output effectively communicate findings, add value and recommend best practice to client management (Audit).
- Assess the effectiveness of risk management and control processes in the units through deep understanding of the units operations and/or process being audited – the environment, risks, priorities and constraints. (Risk Assessment).
- Support leadership team in the Positive Assurance (OCA) process and Business Risk Assessment (BRA), consolidate the annual responses, evaluate and present progress made against the key action plans, for review by the management risk committee (Positive Assurance, Business Risk Assessment).
- Assist the businesses and functions in the process re-engineering studies that is aimed at enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of their operations and management control (System/process reviews and evaluation of control design effectiveness).
- Undertake any other assignments to Audit and Risk Management (i.e. internal Financial Control Assessment).
- Review compliance with laws, regulations, Unilever policies, Code of Business principles and other external requirements (Governance)
- Ensure compliance with company’s credit policy.
- Monitors open orders to be delivered in conjunction with customer open balance, payment behavior and potential overdue.
- Regularly review and update customers credit terms & limits.
- Follow up of doubtful debtors - aged debt (IFRS9) – Litigation cases exposure - review and calculation of provisions.
- Actual reporting and forecast submission for working capital measures (debtors, creditors, stocks). Provide adequate analysis to the managements for working capital delivery according to business targets as well as cash contribution.
- Understanding of company’s Trade Terms Structure and its correlation with P&L and Balance sheet transactions.
- Lead cash squad meetings for retail and Ice Cream to ensure collection process and debtors / cash targets delivery.
- Regularly review guarantee letters from customers and any other secure instrument that might need to be updated. Inform relevant stakeholders accordingly.
- Perform credit risk assessment for selected customers using external platforms (ICAP, Teiresias)
- Assist – contribute to the development of a strong financial team
- Reports to Financial controller.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in related fields, like economics and business administration. Master’s degree in finance or MBA.
- Several years of working experience in audit – Risk management, consulting services, and other relevant industries.
- Possess good and highly productive team interaction and communication skills.
- Ability to manage business partners towards achieving set common goals.
- Possess excellent understanding of working capital lifecycle, credit policy standards and financial regulations.
- Possess good skills in Microsoft Office packages with focus in Excel (advance knowledge is required).
- Possess excellent project management and analysis skills.
Our company offers:
- Continuous training
- Progressive work experience and steadily increasing responsibility
- International career opportunities
- Competitive remuneration
Candidates, who meet specified qualifications, will be contacted by e-mail or telephone.
All CVs will be treated in strict confidentiality.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us