Job Position: Assistant Manager - Compliance And controls – Supplier Operations
Function: Procurement and Finance
Reports to: Manager, Process Excellence and Compliance
Scope: Global compliance and controls in Supplier Operations
Business Context and Main Purpose of the Job:
Unilever Integrated Operations (UniOps) is a global business unit that manages the company’s shared business services, made up of HR Services, Finance Transactions, IT services, Information Management Services and Workplace Services.
Mission - To provide excellent services globally which enable Unilever to win in the market by
- putting the business’ goals at the heart of what we do
- leveraging cost-effective, best practice, global solutions across Unilever to meet users’ needs
- making continuous improvement in both cost and service an integral part of our way of working
- building a professional services organisation that enables our people to give their best
- developing win-win relationships with selected providers to meet our current and future requirements
The key benefits from UniOps are expected to be:
- Lower cost of delivery through standardisation, simplification, process harmonisation & scale leverage.
- Better user experience by delivery of integrated service bundles to end-user.
- Continuous improvement through end-to-end process ownership.
Within the service catalogue of UniOps, the Commercial Experience organisation is responsible for the management and delivery of finance services globally, both through third-party outsourced providers (e.g. IBM, CapGemini) and through in-sourced operations.
The Global Process Excellence and Compliance team (PEC) which is a part of the Commercial Experience team has overarching responsibility of the Controls, Compliance and Process excellence across the end-to-end Source-to-Pay domain, operated and delivered through the Supplier Operations vertical.
This role will be accountable to support all Audits (internal and external audits) for all Source to Pay processes, works closely with Auditors providing them with S2P process walk throughs, coordinating with relevant 3PSPs for providing evidence documents, works with OCs, Operations Team for providing business background, justification for resolving all audit observations. This role will coordinate with Global Operations Team, Operating Centre, 3PSPs to implement GPM for all S2P Processes by ensuring 3PSP DTPs, other Operating Instructions are updated on an on-going basis. Also, review business requirements from Operating Centres, make necessary amendments to existing GPMs and obtain sign offs from Process Excellence, Global Operations, GCAD and Business and ensure revised processes are documents in DTPs of all 3PSPs. This role will also play a key role in proactively ensuring GFCF controls are in place by periodic monitoring of S2P processes in S2P Tools, review of 3PSP documentations etc. The role will have global touch points with Operations Excellence Teams, Delivery/Operations teams, internal and external Auditors and IT Teams.
- Manage all audits (Internal Audits and External Audits), provide process walk through to auditors, work with relevant 3PSPs to provide audit evidences on timely basis, resolve auditors queries and work with Global and Country team to provide business justifications ad documentation to resolve all audit observations.
- In depth knowledge of Control Frameworks, and will require developing a very strong understanding of Unilever’s Global Financial Control Framework
- Operationalize a controls framework in the E2E S2P space and all its verticals, including controls operated through the 3PSPs
- This role requires a strong understanding of Global Process Models in Source to Pay domain. Design and align on GPMs for all S2P Processes including narratives, GFCF controls, GPM Controls, exceptions and KPIs
- Ensure adherence to Global Process Model on an on-going basis in all S2P Processes which are managed by 3PSPs, documents all exceptions and obtain stakeholder sign offs from Process Excellence, Supplier Operations, Business, GCAD etc
- Review all exceptions on an annual basis, obtain sign off and document for audit purpose
- Perform impact assessment for deficiencies identified, recommend and align rectification plans with the SMEs and owners, and ensure accurate and timely remediation of deficiencies and report areas of risk
- Managing and coordinating with the stakeholders like GCAD, KFAS Owners, CSC, 3PSP and others
- Perform periodic, independent self-assessment of applications identified as Key Financial Application Systems (KFAS) to assess operational gaps; Review and drive system/IT fixes for compliance
- Participate in control improvement health meetings, provide inputs / feedback for the evolution of the control framework and drive S2P controls governance process
- Process Owners and SMEs
- KFAS Owners
- Controls Service Centre (CSC)
- 3P Service Providers
- External and internal Auditors
- IT Teams
- Operations / Delivery Teams
Critical success Factors for the Job
- Process understanding:
- Strong knowledge of E2E Source-to-Pay processes and associated compliance
- Experience of working in a major Process Transformation program would be an advantage
- Controls knowledge:
- Working knowledge of GFCF Control processes within the Source to Pay function
- Good knowledge of US GAAP, COSO, Auditing Standards, Sarbanes-Oxley, risk and controls standards and business / access / ITGC process best practices, Working knowledge of access and IT general controls
- Analytical skills:
- Ability to analyse the root cause of the deficiency and propose corrective action and ensure quality deliverables
- Leadership and relationship management skills:
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams, to implement S2P Processes
- Ability to work with internal and external auditors, provide required support to complete audit on timely manner
- Ability to work in a dynamic organization and manage / balance multiple priorities and diverse projects concurrently
- Communication skills: Strong communication and interpersonal skills to build effective relationships with stakeholders.
- Presentation skills: Proficiency in Power point presentation and other MS Suite applications
- Working knowledge of Power BI and SAP/Coupa/DCIW would be a strong plus
- Controls centric mind set, safeguarding the UL interest at the heart of the solution
- Ability to work under pressure and at times, in ambiguous situations
- Experience and awareness of working in a global role, demonstrate awareness and empathy to our many cultures and social needs
- Masters’ degree: CA or similar qualification
- Minimum of 8-10 years’ progressive experience in a S2P Process and audit/controls role; FMCG Industry experience would be a strong plus
- Experience in implementation of Global Process Models in S2P and experience in risk and compliance models like GAAPs, IFRS etc.
- Prior work experience in a share service setup in a large multinational organisation or a BPO organization
Should "meet expectations" on the Standards of Leadership behaviours relevant to the WL of this job.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us