Business Context and Main Purpose of the Job:
Unilever world’s most successful, purpose-led business looking for strengthening its future-fit team to drive sustainable business through superior performance, consistently delivering financial results in top third of our industry.
UniOps (Erstwhile Unilever Enterprise & Technology Solutions (ETS)) is a global business unit that will manage the company’s shared business services, made up of HR Services, Finance Transactions, IT services, Information Management Services and Workplace Services.
Mission - To provide excellent services globally which enable Unilever to win in the market by
- putting the business’ goals at the heart of what we do
- leveraging cost-effective, best practice, global solutions across Unilever to meet users’ needs
- making continuous improvement in both cost and service an integral part of our way of working
- building a professional services organisation that enables our people to give their best
- developing win-win relationships with selected providers to meet our current and future requirements.
The key benefits from UniOps are expected to be:
- Lower cost of delivery through standardisation, simplification, process harmonisation & scale leverage.
- Better user experience by delivery of integrated service bundles to end-user.
- Continuous improvement through end-to-end process ownership.
Within the service catalogue of UniOps, Commercial Experience organisation is responsible for the management and delivery of finance and supplier services services globally, both through third-party outsourced providers (e.g. IBM, CapGemini) and through in-sourced operations.
The treasury reporting and control middle office team part of treasury expertise operations with in larger Commercial Experience organisation is responsible for Accounting and Reporting for Unilever Treasury. Middle Office also takes care of Treasury Notes for Annual Accounts of Unilever. It will also be responsible for Sox and other process controls by constantly assessing the risk to Unilever.
Key activities summary: Managing Treasury Middle Office
- Provide expertise support globally on:
- Hedge accounting and reporting including documentation
- Accounting for all Treasury instruments (Bonds, FX including Derivatives reporting such as Interest rate Swaps and Cross Currency interest rate swaps, Options etc)
- Responsible on daily basis to ensure no FX exposure and counter party exposures
- MIS on Treasury activities enabling senior management to make right decisions
- Robust documentation of all treasury reporting processes and ensure it is maintained year over year
- Risk Assessment of all activities and building good controls to mitigate the risk
- Support Digitization in Treasury Reporting and Controls
- Forecasting of global Finance Cost and tracking actuals with FC
- Support Projects for Treasury Reporting and Controls
- Financial Accounting & Reporting under IFRS 9 (including disclosures in Annual Reports)
- On time and in full accounting and reporting of Treasury transactions (zero tolerance to error)
- Forecast build for finance costs and net debt & variance analysis with Actuals
- Quarterly booklet containing MIS for Treasury
- Continuous improvements to enhance efficiency and accuracy of the process
- Management reporting, Financial reporting and Statutory Reporting of Parent and Holding entities (mainly contains Treasury financial flows)
Resources –Individual Contributor. May manage contract resources
Key Contacts – Global Front office, UL countries and their Treasury personnel that are serviced by Global Treasury MO, Business Partners, 3P service providers, External and internal auditors.
Key Skills required
- Business partnering skills while ensuring service mindset within the team
- Ability to apply professional knowledge in developing better robust processes.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and interpret problems / data gathered from a variety of sources;
- Assertive and pro-active attitude and cultivates a willingness to learn and teach within the team
- Maintain a high-performance culture within the team with high bias for action
- Demonstrated ability to work with a range of technically and culturally diverse people
- Ability to work under pressure and within strict non-negotiable timelines
- Ability to take quick and correct actions in emergency situations
- Demonstrated ability to successfully contribute multiple projects & competing priorities in a time sensitive environment.
- Min 5 years of experience in Investment Banking / Large Corporate Treasury/ Group Financial Reporting
- Minimum Professional qualification of CA ; additional CFA qualification is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Wallstreet Treasury Suite is desirable but not mandatory
- Strong on MS Excel and MS Power point
- Strong on Stakeholder Management
- Should be self-driven and have the ability to translate vision into actions
- Demonstrated ability of working in a complex environment with global stake holders
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us