The Business Analyst (BA) role is responsible to facilitate sessions focusing on gathering UMP requirements with external and internal stakeholders; documenting those requirements into Business Requirement Documents that include uses cases, and functional specifications.
This role also works with Project Managers to ensure a successful delivery of the statement of work. Business Analysts work with Technical Leads to define technical specifications, and architecture diagrams, lead efforts to evaluate, select, recommend and implement appropriate software & system solutions that support and enable the delivery of eCommerce applications. This role works with our QA team to define test scripts and acceptance criteria and works with UX/Designs teams manage & communicate requirements, and designs. Business Analysts facilitate change orders, and priorities of the project.
What we offer
- Start-up, with a Purpose
- Fast paced, and an opportunity to build from scratch environment
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Passionate, committed colleagues, of very high business caliber
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours
- A stand-out opportunity to develop your career
- Capture and document functional requirements for e-commerce implementations, assisting in the delivery of the solution to meet business requirements and producing functional specifications.
- Create business requirements documentation, use cases, and functional specifications in the form of user stories and wireframe/design annotations
- Define user journeys and process flows across various phases of an eCommerce product, specifically the Demand Generation phase.
- Participate in discussions relating to other phases like Demand Capture, Demand Fulfilment, Payments & Credit, Customer Service etc.
- Evaluate potential software solutions and the system architecture to ensure that
they meet client requirements
- Lead discovery analysis and subsequent requirements gathering that support the strategy and objectives contained in the brief
- Create any supporting documentation (diagrams & process flows) necessary to communicate detailed requirements to the development teams
- Support the RFI and RFP process and take responsibility for it at pre-sales stage
- Support User Acceptance Testing (UAT) including development of scripts and conducting UAT with end users
- Ability to maintain requirements traceability to manage scope creep
- Supporting product managers in understanding relative priority of requirements, and proposing phasing options to help the product manager achieve their objectives
- Deliver requirements that are precise, clear, unambiguous, and thorough, enabling development teams to deliver with minimal wasted effort
- Serve as a SME throughout the organization on eCommerce platform questions or aid in troubleshooting efforts and mitigate issues/conflict in an amical manner where all teams feel supported
- Contribute to the growing Business Analysis team by defining best practices and methodology/process improvements
To Do Well In This Position, You Must Have
- At least 3+ years in a end to end implementations Business Analysis Role
- 2+ years experience with major eCommerce or CMS platforms preferred, including but not limited to Magento, Hybris, Salesforce, or AEM or FMCG experience.
- Prior experience as a BA for the Demand Generation phase of an eCommerce platform is a must have. E.g. Inbound and Outbound Marketing, Marketing Automation, Lead Nurturing & Qualifying etc.
- Excellent understanding of data models and the relationship between data and processes
- Significant experience working in JIRA and Confluence to manage requirements
- Adjust in a fast paced, self-starter environment with a “can-do” and go-getter attitude
- Ability to digest large amounts of information from multiple sources and decipher what is necessary and what is not
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure
- Ability to identify, mitigate, resolve and escalate risks throughout the lifecycle.
- Experience managing stakeholder expectations and controlling project scope
- Deep understanding of web development architecture and technologies
- Excellent analytical, creative problem-solving skills, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain a positive and professional attitude working in high stress situations with challenging personalities
- Graduate degree in computer science or related fields from tier 1 institutes
- MBA from tier 1 institutes
- Market business heads
- Gro247 Hub Leadership
- Gro247 Partners Leadership
- IT Tech leads - Market
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us