In order to enable our ambitious growth agenda, the role is crucial to spot growth opportunities, by channel/country/division and explain our performance to identify opportunities for growth. It is imperative that we have cutting edge market and category performance insights to understand those channels and how people shop in them to be able to identify growth opportunities and land Transformational Actions. The focus of the delivery of this role will be driven by key business needs within the MCO to ensure our Insights get acted upon to deliver growth based on channels/shoppers. For this we will use a combination of skills- Market Insights, Predictive Analytics, Shopping, Channel and Customer Insights.
About the Role:
These roles have the responsibility for delivering Market Insights for South Central Europe (Romania, Bulgaria, West Balkans).
The person should be able to:
- identify growth opportunities using a variety of different data sources - continuous market data, secondary research, and primary custom ad hoc research.
- manage Unilever Market insight tools- Brand Health Dashboard etc, and understand market and channel analytics etc. required.
- pro-actively look for business opportunities and find creative ways to deliver insights both, alone as part of the broader CMI team, and also together with agency partners. A critical part of the role is to drive insights into actions in the business.
Examples of key projects and deliverables are, but not limited to;
- bringing the outside in – strategic overview and trends prediction in SCE markets
- support on Category deep dives of opportunity and performance, Market & category development, 6P analysis support and diagnostic deep dives
- work on division specific, selected performance projects with Country leader, as well as working with our CCD colleagues on wider category initiatives to enable our external customer partnerships.
- support innovation and brand engagement research as well, so whilst not a main focus of their role this would suit someone with a wide and reaching interest in all things CMI well.
- You should be proactive in identifying new trends and innovation ideas on various categories and acting with speed & agility in landing them with the business partners.
- You should be connected externally with the latest competitive moves, innovation ideas and trends to ensure we are leading the growth agenda through all means.
- Manage ad hoc custom research projects as per business requests including performance, Shopping, Pricing etc.
- Integrate multiple data sources (continuous sources, in-store observation, and primary research) to help understand the actions required- across all the marketing 6 PS.
- Need to work with Retail, Consumer panel and Brand tracking, PDC (People Data Centre] & other Data sources, integrating these seamlessly with Commerce & Channel information to create Meta-analysis for growth insights. Land and embed
- Land and embed best practice tools from MI, Pricing, Channel and Shopping including eCommerce.
- Think strategically – ability to design, develop and land research with impact
- Opportunity spotting skills, with data deep diving abilities
- Develop output, which is simple, fact-based rather than fact-filled, focusing on storytelling, recommendations and impact to get growth
- Analytically minded and numerically oriented.
- Ability to take a brief and help ensure that the research will deliver what our internal customer needs, not just what they asked for.
- Good facilitation skills to be able to build capabilities of CMI & Business Partners through facilitating sessions like for example People voice
- Good project management skills e.g. for Shopping Insight projects
- Experience of working with continuous research data (retail and consumer panel, brand tracking).
- A positive attitude and can-do attitude showing tenacity and resilience despite the changing demands of changing briefs and difficult deadlines.
- You need to demonstrate strong collaboration, communication, facilitation & presentation skills as you might be required to facilitate idea generation with marketing and also give internal presentations to senior brand and category leadership teams
- You should have a founder mentality & Bias for Action in speed and simplification to embrace new disruptive innovation ideas that transform the business and unlock growth opportunities
- Ability to collaborate seamless & lead across agency partners and internal Unilever teams will be crucial.
- Curiosity is essential for exploration and finding the route causes of problems or opportunities
- Strong attention to detail.
- Great observation skills
And a WL1 Dedicated Performance role will require
- 3 - 6 years experience
- Experience in Customer Development (Sales, Trade Marketing], Marketing or Consumer and Market Insights is a prerequisite
- Good communication and presenting skills
- Great understanding of retail & channel landscape
- Basic understanding of market research
- Able to lead projects
- Advanced analytical skills
- A team player: accountable, open minded who likes to work in rapid and agile way
- Digital skill a must
- Strong project management skills
- Able to ask for help and work with others effectively
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us