Main purpose of the job:
Communication Manager (CM) will be responsible for external and internal communication in South Central Europe.
In external communication area CM will be developing positive Unilever/category stories and turning them into opportunities with the media, as well as driving corporate reputation through strategic advocacy work with key NGO and Governmental stakeholders. Moreover, the manager will handle media inquiries, actively engage with media with the objective to leverage Unilever’s global narrative and turn journalist into active advocates.
The other focus area of this role will be coordinating internal communications, ensuring constant and two way flow of information between company Board and employees. CM will be managing internal media and events on the daily basis, to keep all employees updated and inspired.
Communications Manager will report directly to EE Communications Diector (based in Warsaw).
- Daily management of Media Relations, External Affairs, and Internal communications agenda
- Daily management of all company internal comms channels
- Preparation of tailored high quality briefing papers, speeches and other background materials for internal and external purposes
- Independently developing positive Unilever/category stories and turning them into opportunities with the media.
- Leading issue management, with help of the EE Comms Director & Global issue management teams
- Drafting of position papers, Q&As and Social Media messaging on issues.
- Conducting of stakeholder mapping and stakeholder strategies for business critical issues.
- Supporting relationship building with key external stakeholders such as NGOs, academics, trade association members, customers, etc.
- Working with categories to develop broader communications strategies in the area of issue management and business/category advocacy.
- Supporting the business with the launch of product innovations that require acceptance of external stakeholders and/or regulatory approval.
Key Skills & Experiences
- 2-6 years of experience in communication area (or other relevant experience)
- Excellent communications skills
- Experience in managing few complex projects at the same time
- Strong strategic thinking, analytical skills and good business sense
- Structured and organized way of working
- Internal and external stakeholder management and knowledge, issues management experience
- Ability to work in multi-functional teams
- Problem-solving skills
- Very good English skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Stress resistant in a dynamic environment
- Passionate about turning issues into opportunities
- Perfect candidate will have a strong intellect and proven capability to manage sensitive issues
- A passion for Media Relations and Public Affairs.
- Confident and capable of advising and building trust with senior leaders and stakeholders.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us