Background & Purpose of the Job
The main purpose of the IT Applications & Innovation Lead role is to drive digital IT agenda for South Central Europe and overlook existing business applications landscape within IT department.
This role supports the IT Manager within area of responsibility as a representative for the whole of IT, including the IT Service lines, Global functional Business partnering and innovation, with the Cluster business teams.
Key to the role is to understand (&co-shape) the Digital Agenda of the business and be able to support achieving its targets, as well as understand Global IT Innovation strategy, closely cooperates with Global IT Innovation team, Service Lines & Service Operations within scope of responsibility and work effectively with these teams in the delivery of IT Innovation & Services to the business.
- Ability to manage projects from start to finish while respecting deadlines and tracking progress
- Strong knowledge in terms of automation, application lifecycle, data analysis
- Strong capability of data analysis (consumer, financial) and insights generation
- Capability of developing strong team relationships via interpersonal and communication skills
- Basic knowledge of ERP solutions and integration layers;
- Understanding of system architectures and the ability to properly link business processes, data flows, and system solutions;
- Understanding of ITIL principles (Service and Change Management) is a must.
- Lean and Agile mindset (certificates are an advantage);
- Strong ability to address business challenges and opportunities with customer focus;
- Responsiveness and resilient attitude
- Exceptional self-leadership, time management, facilitation, and organizational skills.
- Keen attention to detail, strong time management, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Fluency in English, MS Office and MS Project tools
Role and Responsibilities:
- Engage with business teams within his/her area of responsibility to communicate and scope the IT plan aligned with overall IT plan
- Leverage knowledge of cutting-edge technologies to optimize organizational efficiency
- Collect IT demand, project & automation and deliver the IT plan aligned with overall Unilever IT plan
- Undertake the relevant project execution activities to support Local Growth Programs working with Service Lines in the delivery of these projects
- Review existing IT systems and internal processes; collect and analyze data to identify areas for improvement within IT infrastructures
- Shape project portfolio to maximize business value, basing on digital trends, global IT Innovation & business demand
- Assure proper resourcing (capacity & capability) by effective coordination of inhouse resources \ learning culture as well as evolving team augmentation (freelancers, Flex resourcing) and Agile\Devops ways of working
- Support the Geo IT Manager to ensure effective delivery of day-to-day IT operations, ensuring that IT services delivered are as per business requirements
- Align with Unilever standard operating practise in delivery of IT Services
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us