UniOps’ (Unilever Operations) purpose is to make it easier to work with and at Unilever, so that our people can focus on serving our customers and consumers. UniOps delivers best-in-class, cost effective and reliable operations, and enables business growth through data and technology.
UniOps in Market IT is a dynamic group of people working across Europe. We are passionate about technology and its ability to enable and drive growth. We are experts in technology innovation, delivery and service.
The IT Lead is an influential IT leader working as part of the UniOps in Market Europe IT Leadership Team and the business leadership team in the country of responsibility. The role is responsible for IT leadership for Romania, Moldova, Bulgaria, Serbia, Greece and Cyprus (SCE & SEE). Additionally, the role will have the responsibility for one of the European wide technology Capabilities (such as Consumer or Customer Experience).
The role is expected to take accountability for technology partnering, deployment, innovation & business adoption of strategic capabilities for Benelux. This includes ensuring IT solutions are deployed and run seamlessly in country and are aligned to business needs and opportunities.
In addition, the role will be responsible for leading one of the European technology Capabilities which includes accountability for the delivery of projects (such as eCommerce or CRM Technologies) which need to be delivered for some or all European markets.
This role will be delivered through a deep understanding of the business needs, defining the right vision and strategy for the country(s), ensuring prioritization against business value drivers, and executing a clearly outlined plan in close collaboration with the UniOps Global Technology team(s) to ensure delivery of integrated solutions and operations.
WHAT WILL YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES BE?
- IT leadership and accountability for the SCE & SEE countries
- Lead and manage one of the pan European technology capabilities
- Build, maintain and deliver a strategic roadmap of IT capabilities required by the Countries in collaboration with the country Leadership aligned with business priorities.
- Build, maintain and deliver a strategic roadmap of IT capabilities required in Europe.
- Support the landing of global IT capabilities and manage the portfolio of local IT applications (incl. their lifecycle)
- Manage the delivery of IT services and monitor service quality performance.
- Ensure Customer Satisfaction by reviewing service performance and supporting Service Improvement Plans
- Manage, review and improvement of local IT applications, ensuring achievement of Service Improvement plans and driving simplification including move to strategic global solutions.
- Ensure compliance to IT policies, guidelines and support the cyber risk management agenda.
- Budget management end to end.
- Management and uptime assurance of local applications landscape.
- Business partner the country leadership and business teams, communicating the overall IT roadmap and plans aligning them to local business priorities.
- Communicate with business leadership / management teams to understand and detail the business requirements for IT within their area of responsibility,
- Conduct regular IT Service Reviews with key stakeholders and manage external IT providers.
- Develop business cases for specific projects and ensure adoption of new capabilities.
- Capture demand for projects and new services from the countries and ensure these are properly governed and routed to the appropriate area of UniOps.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCES
A strong commercial business leader with knowledge of operations and value chain in a consumer goods company, that is complemented by application of technology, data and analytics in order to drive business growth.
- Strong commercial and business acumen, with good understanding of needs in the Consumer Packed Goods industry (CPG) Ideally 3-5 years of experience in CPG
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a senior IT leadership position
- Experience in leading and collaborating on global programs and translating them into successful market executions.
- Strong stakeholder management skills and the ability to influence and communicate with senior leaders.
- Strong Talent Catalyst with proven track record of leading and building skilled talent and teams.
- Ability to manage the paradox of leveraging global scale and driving global strategies whilst responding to individual country needs.
- Ability to build a strong network within the company and credibility to lead the dialogue with relevant Leadership Teams
- Strong knowledge of systems/infrastructure management
- UniOps European Leadership team and Country Leadership Teams
- European Leadership Teams for relevant capability
- Global IT Teams (Service Lines and Functional IT teams, Cyber Security)
- Local Service Providers covering local IT applications.
- External bodies such as fiscal authorities, professional forums
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Country and European Business Unit KPIs
- Key UniOps’ project KPIs
- Total cost management and optimization
- Local application uptime
- Key stakeholders and 360 feedback
WHAT DOES UNILEVER OFFER?
Unilever is the place where you can be yourself and bring your purpose to life with the work that you do – creating a better business and a better world. We offer an exciting & dynamic work environment where you can make things happen. Furthermore, we offer some great reward and benefits!
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us