Main purpose of the job
Communications & Corporate Affairs Lead (C&CAL) will be responsible for Communications and Corporate Affairs in Hungary and Adria region, shaping the corporate reputation of Unilever in the country and will be the strategic partner to the Head of Country.
Core responsibilities for the C&CA Lead are:
- Develop positive Unilever/category stories and turning them into opportunities with the media and strategic external stakeholders and deliver growth and savings for the business
- Handle media inquiries and acting as spokesperson in the country, actively engage with media with the objective to leverage Unilever’s global narrative and turn journalist into active advocates
- Build relevant partnerships in support of Brand and Corporate purpose
- Drive corporate reputation through strategic advocacy work with key NGO and Governmental stakeholders
- Drive policy outcomes that protect Unilever’s license to operate, support commercialization of the strategies, deliver Unilever’s sustainability agenda
- Manage local reputational issues in close cooperation with Regional and Global C&CA Teams
- Coordinate internal communication channels to embed Organization strategy, culture and values, and grow employee advocacy/engagement.
The C&CAL will report directly to CEE Head of Communications & Corporate Affairs (based in Warsaw).
- Daily management of Media Relations, External Affairs, and Internal communications agenda
- Management of core company internal comms channels
- Preparation of tailored high quality briefing papers, speeches and other background materials for internal and external purposes
- Leading issue management, with help of the CEE Head of C&CA & Global issue management teams
- Drafting of position papers, Q&As and Social Media messaging on issues.
- Conducting of stakeholder mapping and stakeholder strategies for business critical issues.
- Supporting relationship building with key external stakeholders such as NGOs, academics, trade association members, customers, etc.
- Working with categories to develop broader communications strategies in the area of issue management and business/category advocacy.
- Supporting the business with the launch of product innovations that require acceptance of external stakeholders and/or regulatory approval.
Key Skills & Experiences
- 6+ years of experience in communication area (or other relevant experience)
- Excellent communications skills
- Experience in managing multiple complex projects at the same time
- Strong strategic thinking, analytical skills and good business sense
- Structured and organized way of working
- Internal and external stakeholder management and knowledge, issues management experience
- Ability to work in multi-functional teams
- Problem-solving skills
- Fluent English and Hungarian skills in both writing & verbal
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- High sense of ownership & high adaptability
- Stress resistant in a dynamic environment
- Passionate about turning issues into opportunities
- Perfect candidate will have a strong intellect and proven capability to manage sensitive issues
- A passion for Media Relations and Public Affairs
- Confident and capable of advising and building trust with senior leaders and stakeholders
What we offer
- Cafeteria (including elements like support for self-development, SZÉP card or home office cost reimbursement)
- Performance based yearly bonus
- Home office opportunity (currently we work in Hybrid which means usually we spend 2 days in office and rest of the week in home office);
- Opportunity to buy Unilever products at discounted price in the employee shop;
- Healthcare program – we support your healthy lifestyle with Union health insurance, health screenings and free or discounted sport opportunities, we also provide mental health support;
- Real learning opportunity in a multinational environment.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us