Title: Finance Manager, Seventh Generation
Seventh Generation mission is to Transform The World Into a Healthy, Sustainable and Equitable Place for the Next Seven Generations. By establishing a talent powerhouse of passionate champions that bring our principles, practices, and partnerships to life we will build the most trusted, purposeful brand in the industry.
The role of the Finance Business Partner is to drive the financial strategy & business performance of Seventh Generation and lead cross category projects.
This will include providing Finance Business Partnering leadership in the following areas:
- Innovation Business case development and benefit realisation for project investments
- Deep Diving into SC cost to find pockets of value and land gross margin enhancement programs such as Fuel for Growth
- Commercially shape the medium to long term direction of the brand via leading the annual strategic planning process
- Dynamic resource allocation to meet business priorities and land in-year targets
- Key Business partners
- CEO, Seventh Generation
- Brand Community
- SC -Demand and Supply planners
- Other functions in the Core SVG team (CMI, CD, R&D)
- Finance business partners
- FET team (S&OP, CD Finance, SC Finance, Controllers)
- Partner the SVG CEO, Brand, CD and SC partners to lead the annual strategic planning process
- Partner with Brand managers and Directors in Innovation business cases, NRM/Pricing, and competitor analysis
- Identify value opportunities that require a particular intervention / project support from Finance Business Partner and allocate resources as appropriate. Likely to include GM analysis, Pricing and Capital investment business cases
- Drive performance management and review impacts of performance interventions
- Identify major risks and opportunities
Innovation Business Cases
- Development & leadership of business cases for SVG innovations, in collaboration with the brand and CD teams, as well as the R&D and CMI counterparts
- Drive post-launch interventions
- Support the FET to influence at the key decision gates of innovation business cases and lead for global innovation business cases
- Lead various cross-category projects across categories, aimed at stepping up finance capabilities, such as Sustainability Finance, ROMI, Trade ROIs etc.
- Lead team of 1 Associate Finance manager and support the setting of the workplan. Also responsible for mid-year and end of year performance evaluation
Knowledge & Skills
- Communicating and influencing
- Commercial acumen
- Critical Thinking
- Growth mindset and Bias for action
- Accountability and responsibility
- Ability to work collaboratively with other key stakeholders
- Strong influencing skills
- Strong team leadership skills
- Over 5/7 years’ experience in financial, operational and business partnering roles preferably within Brand, SC or CD.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills with ability to respond under pressure.
- Experience in driving P&L performance improvements (e.g. closing gaps vs. target) and holding others accountable (particularly peers and senior leadership)
- Experience in managing a large and complex set of stakeholders
- Experience of working with and influencing senior leaders within the organisation
- Experience in presenting to and communicating with senior Finance and non-Finance stakeholders
- Demonstrated competency at growing and developing people / teams
- Experience of working in multi-national teams and/or a virtual team environment would be an advantage.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us