Background & Purpose of the Job
This job is an E2E HR role, responsible for the talent strategy of the business, focused on ED&I, leadership development and creating and developing the future fit capabilities of the business. Also responsible for It and workplace services of the office.
The role is part of the Seventh Generation and The Laundress Leadership team and reports to the HR Lead for Home Care Americas.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
This role includes the following duties and responsibilities, but additional requirements may be assigned as and where needed.
Based in Burlington, Vermont, the position is a business partner to senior Seventh Generation leaders, managers and teams working to enhance their capability to deliver objectives, manage their people, implement change, perform their own capability development and build relations with key stakeholders (internal and external).
The position is responsible for managing a small team to deliver human resources activity and priorities within the Seventh Generation’s organization and the Laundress. The HR Leader will create partnerships with the Unilever HR ecosystem to create and implement people strategies that deliver growth, social mission impact and talent development.
This will include, but not be limited to, leader of the Company Culture, Organizational Development, Business Planning, Overhead controls, Talent strategy and execution, Performance Management, Leadership Team development and Board of Directors relations. In addition, this position leads the workplace services and safety function for Seventh Generation’s office.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required. MBA or Masters, or equivalent experience, is desirable
- 10 Years’ experience in HR areas, preferably in another values led business such as B-Corp
- Proven track record of successfully working in a complex, matrix organization to deliver results
- Direct experience leading a talent strategy and unlocking people/team purpose to drive organization results
- Strong strategic & analytic capability. The role requires someone who can think at both the human/individual level and be a trusted advisor and partner to the CEO in strategizing a people plan and culture map
- Deep expertise in Justice, Equity, Diversity, Inclusivity and Belonging.
- Curiosity: to learn about different business within home care and US Unilever ecosystem
- Empathy: curious to collaborate with a variety of personalities and styles and to build excellent relationships with internal & external stakeholders
- Mastery: interest to continuously learn and develop to remain an expert in the People area
- Autonomy: Ability to work independently, taking ownership to positively influence end results
- Action-orientation to initiate appropriate resources and tools to ensure delivery on key HR processes
- Continuous improvement / simplification mindset and experience
- Ability to impact and influence different areas of the organization, being part of different communities (Unilever Home care Americas, US Unilever Business, B-Corp environment)
- Experience in leading change in founder-based organizations while fostering high level of credibility and competence
- Strong emotional intelligence to influence and lead others
What We Can Offer You
Unilever at a Glance | Working at Unilever | Powering our Purpose | Planet & Society | Unilever’s Brands | Unilever on LinkedIn | Strategy | Unilever | Diversity, Equity & Inclusion | Careers at Unilever | Benefits, Learning, & Wellbeing | Latest News About Unilever
- For office-based, Research & Development, and remote positions, proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required to be eligible for employment. Religious and/or medical accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Position is a hybrid position with approximately 40% of the time anticipated to be at the Burlington, Vermont Seventh Generation office.
- Some travel is expected, estimated at approximately 20% of the time.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us