Industrial Finance Business Partner – Casalpusterlengo (LO)
A better business. A better world. A better you. At Unilever you are more than your job title, you are part of the world’s most successful, purpose-led business. Work with brands that are well-loved around the world, that improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us. We believe that Unilever is unlike any other organization. We seek long-term sustainable growth through responsible business practices and product innovation, providing our consumers with exceptional brand experiences, today and tomorrow. To succeed in this hyper-competitive business environment, we need to move quickly, test new opportunities, learn rapidly and adapt our ways of working. To achieve this, we need people with a passion for digital, analytics and organizational change, who are not afraid to break convention and who want to be a revolutionary within our business.
Casale is a large production site close to Milan and holds an important place in Unilever’s Home Care manufacturing network producing laundry and household cleaning products.
The Casale Industrial Finance Manager is responsible for providing financial business partnering & controllership to the site. Responsible for in-year performance and site strategic development together with the site leadership team. Providing decision making support, WCM Cost Deployment leadership & resulting savings delivery.
The role is accountable for keeping compliance of the site to the Unilever control framework. The Finance Business Partner role is powered by an Assistant Controller, a Country Make Expertise Team (MET) and shared services teams (SCFS, OC, IBM) on main accounting, controlling, and reporting tasks.
The role reports To Manufacturing Finance Manager Supply Chain EU and sits in the Factory Leadership Team of Casalpusterlengo, with dotted report to the Factory Director.
- Preparing Site Master Plan, Annual Budgets and Rolling Forecasts
- Drive Performance management through Weekly Cost Governance and monthly cycle
- Month End/Controlling Activities
- Business partnering Site Leadership Team – Operations Managers & Site Services Manager
- Responsible for delivery of in year financial performance (cost/waste/capex), final creation and submission of site forecast & annual business plan
- Responsible to ensure site on-ground controls are executed (ZBC, inventories, balance sheet)
- Co-creates and co-drives savings agenda with operations and uses available industrial tools as support (WCM foundation, ZBB, benchmarking)
- Supports ABC process led by SCFS
- Support decision making for strategic projects
- Cost Deployment / WCM
- EU Home Care Finance team (Make Network Lead, SCF Manager, Transformation Finance Manager, SCF Director) – Daily / Weekly / Monthly
- Europe Finance Controlling
- MET Italy
- Site Leadership team
- Category SC VP
- Category Planning Teams
- Category Innovation/Capex Teams
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Master's degree in finance/Business/Economics, with 5 years of experience
- Fluent in English
- Strong business acumen has a natural passion for operations design and business results. Is biased towards actions that have the most tangible and significant impact to the business.
- High level of flexibility to see the big picture but at the same time courage to deep dive into specific areas if need arises
- Always on curiosity to continuously peel the Onion
- Deep understanding of P&L and has experience with the relevant controlling processes.
- Ability to present effectively to senior leaders in the organization and to flex the communication style depending on the audience.
- Genuine passion to develop people through mentoring and coaching.
- Knowledge of SAP, Microsoft Office and Power BI tools
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us