The Cavite Gateway Factory is a strategic sourcing unit for the Nutrition Business Group servicing SEA region for Mayonnaise and Philippines market for Scratch Cooking and Dressings. The site has annual output of 85,000 tons and a TO impact of 450 Mn EUR – with several leading technologies like Double Emulsion and Pasty Cubes. The site employs a workforce of approx. 750 FTEs (both inhouse and contractors) with high visibility in the Nutrition SU Network.
Business Context and Main Purpose of the job
The Sourcing Unit Manager role is responsible for managing plant operations meeting safety, quality, cost, waste, morale and service KPI’s. S/he has overall responsibility for all production and internal operations in the factory. S/he is responsible for delivering production commitments within the quality specifications and cost targets. S/he is responsible for maintaining a clean and safe working environment. S/he will strive toward continuous improvement in production based on the company’s manufacturing excellence guidelines and UMS methodology (Unilever Manufacturing System).
The SU Manager leads with the BU management team for the long-term master resource planning in support of future growth plans for site/ factory/ brands. S/he works closely with engineering team to ensure having sufficient capacities in the factory to fulfil factory commitments and proper customer service. S/he also works closely with the planning, quality, SHE, HR, digital, utility and finance team to ensure a robust management system. S/he will be part of the Nutrition Philippines Leadership Team and the Nutrition SEA & Indonesia Supply Chain Leadership Team.
- Manage operations from incoming raw and packaging material receipt to processing and packing to hand-over for dispatch, in order to deliver production against committed production plan.
- Lead development and continuous update of Factory Masterplan and shopfloor implementation.
- Ensure short, medium and long-term capacity availability identifying constraints for ST& MT production planning.
- Ensure implementation of relevant provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Ensure harmonious Industrial Relations working climate and provides first point of solution for any concerns and disputes.
- Support implementation, of innovation plans within the factory and deliver to agreed ram up plans
- Develop Resilience and Business Continuity Plan and implement actions thereof.
- Achieve annual committed manufacturing excellence savings
- Achieve OP targets for Volume, OEE, OR, and cost
- Ensure that product quality meets all the specifications. Also ensure that the required and necessary quality assurance systems are in place
- Lead implementation (and facilitate the process) on the combined ISO 9000/1400/18000 systems throughout the factory, leading to certification, and maintenance of the said systems.
- Ensure that all activities are carried out in accordance with all Unilever corporate and SU specific safety standards and policies, and SHE systems are in place.
- Prepare and monitor the factory operating plan and budget and control the manufacturing conversation costs and internal logistics (labor, wastage, and rework) against budget.
- Co-ordinate and drive activities of production, and internal logistics teams leading to plant de-bottle-necking/alterations/replacements to ensure continuous improvement in performance, output and reliability; aiming for world-class operations.
- Ensure machines are in proper conditions to achieve optimum reliability and efficiency and maximize assets benefits including production, machinery and internal logistics equipment
- Co-ordinate the availability of resources and inputs from other departments and 3rd parties.
- Implement and monitor procedures, systems and work-instructions to ensure the safe handling of all chemicals, safety of processes and the health and safety of all people on site. Implement appropriate safety training programs
- Implement HR procedures and policies.
- Drive Digital Upskilling / Future Fit Agenda for the factory
- Promote and Nurture CHEF Culture in the Sourcing Unit
You Need to have:
- Strong manufacturing operation experience and shopfloor management skills
- Ambition to drive transformation, and future fit manufacturing capability
- Ability to manage work-related short-term target challenges
- Ability to lead large teams and manage Unions
- Pioneering and E2E mindset and spirit
- Digital mindset and use it to drive transformation with speed
Prior/Current Nutrition experience will be a plus
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us