Background & Purpose of the Job
This position is responsible for the facilitation of Unilever’s environmental strategy at the Kilbourn operation, including ensuring compliance with all relevant OSHA, EPA, and DNR standards, leading environmental & utilities team, and lending expertise to all environmental-related issues within the operation. Leads the Environmental Pillar & responsible for maintaining a safe Ammonia process. Supports and fully functional in Unilever safety polices and guidelines.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- Ensure compliance with environmental requirements.
- Lead by direction and example in a way that reinforces a culture of zero accidents or incidents.
- Plan, organize, direct, train and motivate a diverse workforce to optimize performance.
- Adapting WCM principles and processes into existing plant operations to achieve consistency with WCM requirements and measurable improvement in site KPIs.
- Ongoing identification and implementation of waste and cost reduction ideas in a way that does not adversely impact operations or the Company.
- Developing and maintaining a thorough understanding of current waste & utilities systems supporting the site manufacturing process.
- Developing and maintaining the needed PM plans for plant utilities.
- Maintain site Ammonia and environmental regulatory compliance with relevant government entities.
- Lead implementation of the plant’s sustainability road map.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Ability to travel up to 5%
- Associates or B.S. degree in a manufacturing, scientific or engineering related discipline, Chemical or Process engineering is strongly preferred
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment
- Strong engineering background with basic understanding of process controls & automation
- Proven track record of analytical thinking and project management from business case development through implementation.
- Ability to support development of others and deliver more formal training material
- Working knowledge of Process Safety and of audit procedures
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Unilever: Life | LinkedIn | Strategy | Unilever | Why work for Unilever | Careers at Unilever | Unilever Global Website | Check Out Our Space
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law.
For more information, please see EEO is the Law.
Pay: The pay range for this position is $67,000 - $100,400. Unilever takes into consideration a wide range of factors that are utilized in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, qualifications and education, and other business and organizational needs.
Bonus: This position is bonus eligible.
Long-Term Incentive (LTI): This position is LTI eligible.
Benefits: Unilever employees are eligible to participate in our benefits plan. Should the employee choose to participate, they can choose from a range of benefits to include, but is not limited to, health insurance (including prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage), retirement savings benefits, life insurance and disability benefits, parental leave, sick leave, paid vacation and holidays, as well as access to numerous voluntary benefits. Any coverages for health insurance and retirement benefits will be in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans and associated governing plan documents.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us