Background & Purpose of the Job
Help us ‘Bring Out the Best!” Unilever is now recruiting for an Instrumentation Technician at our Chicago facility where we produce Hellmann’s mayonnaise. If you or someone you know is looking to become part of a leading organization, this the opportunity for you.
Overall Benefits & Perks (non-union)
Medical, Dental, Vision effective immediately | 401K | Profit Sharing | Tuition/Fitness Reimbursement | Paid Leaves | Quarterly Bonus Payouts | Uniforms and PPE provided (we follow all covid protocol and guidelines for your protection)
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
As the Instrumentation Technician your responsibilities will include but not limited to :
- Repairs complex electrical equipment, including automated machines, controls, panels, relays circuit breakers, communication systems and alarms.
- Installs electrical equipment with minimal instructions.
- Diagnoses problems, replaces or repairs parts, detects and replaces defective control modules.
- Performs complex wiring assignments. Installs power, light, electronic and control circuits.
- Provides technical assistance to lower level maintenance electricians.
- Computer proficiency in programming, PLC’s and Foxboro.
- Adheres to safety guidelines in performing all job functions and duties.
Preview a day in the life at Unilever.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- High school diploma or GED equivalent and completion of formal apprenticeship or equivalent (REQUIRED)
- 3+ years’ experience
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug and pre-employment physical screening and background check.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us