Background & Purpose of the Job
The Maintenance Reliability Specialist role is critical to the development of our factories to World Class, which means zero defects, zero waste and zero losses. The Maintenance Reliability Specialist role will focus on elimination of breakdowns and maintenance of basic conditions through use of Focused Improvement and Quality improvement methods including implementation of countermeasures that simplify processes, utilize predictive / preventative maintenance effectively and introduce increased automation and controls.
Working directly with the line crews and cross-functional teams the Maintenance Reliability Specialist also acts in support of technical training for maintenance team and provides coaching in phenomena identification, root cause analysis and the establishment of countermeasures. This role also has responsibility and support for preventative maintenance functions to improve reliability, efficiency and cost.
- Demonstrate strong troubleshooting capabilities with process equipment and operations
- Eliminate Loss according to the WCM prioritization process using PM, FI and QC pillar tools and methodologies.
- Implement preventative, predictive maintenance and design / automation improvements to maintain basic conditions and increase MTBF
- Train maintenance crews on technical standards and sustainability of basic conditions (Stability sustainability).
- Identify and extend good practice to other lines.
- Key Performance Indicators (as driven by Cost Deployment Analysis):
- Breakdowns (PM Loss), MTBF, Maintenance Cost
- Benefit/Cost Ratio (a. For projects led b. Measured against salary).
- Spare parts cost reduction.
- Education: High School Graduate
- Experience: 3 + years in FMCG/ related Industry
- Experience in problem solving/root cause analysis
- Mechanical and or electrical maintenance background
- Technical trade school certifications or equivalent experience
PREFERRED / DESIRABLE:
- Experience in automation and controls- Allen Bradley
- Experience in statistics and process control tools.
- Experience in AM, PM, Quality and FI tools and processes.
- Six Sigma Certification (Preferred)
- Confident in applying problem solving tools (5W1H, 4M, 5WHY etc.)
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Unilever: Life | LinkedIn | Strategy | Unilever | Why work for Unilever | Careers at Unilever | Unilever Global Website | Check Out Our Space
Pay: The pay range for this position is $72,500 to $108,700. Unilever takes into consideration a wide range of factors that are utilized in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, qualifications and education, and other business and organizational needs.
Bonus: This position is bonus eligible.
Long-Term Incentive (LTI): This position is LTI eligible.
Benefits: Unilever employees are eligible to participate in our benefits plan. Should the employee choose to participate, they can choose from a range of benefits to include, but is not limited to, health insurance (including prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage), retirement savings benefits, life insurance and disability benefits, parental leave, sick leave, paid vacation and holidays, as well as access to numerous voluntary benefits. Any coverages for health insurance and retirement benefits will be in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans and associated governing plan documents.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us