Background & Purpose of the Job
Lead Safety Compliance & Culture at Unilever’s Kilbourn Facility. Be part of an organization that values Safety, Health, and Environmental as fundamentals in engaging and empowering people and teams to achieve fantastic cultural results. The site Safety, Health and Environment Manager works with Supply Chain team & the Manufacturing Team to develop the local Safety, Health & Environmental (SHE) Strategy and improvement plans in order to achieve sustainable SHE excellence by reducing injuries, illnesses and environmental impact as measured in the core KPIs.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
The site SHE Leader has overall responsibility for managing Safety, Health & Environment improvement activities to achieve excellence at the site level.
- This position is responsible for driving current and future manufacturing performance in the areas of Safety Compliance, Safety Culture, all while using World Class Manufacturing operating framework.
- This position will have the opportunity of influencing Hearts and Minds of a 400+ worker facility to invest is the high standards of safety culture.
- Lead the SHE Pillar in accordance with Unilever Manufacturing Systems. Develop a thorough understanding of the Unilever Be Safe Program and support deployment in the site.
- Influence senior management and drive safety and environmental leadership through management
- Drive safety and environment risk assessment and develop/implement appropriate controls
- Monitor site legal compliance and ensure the site meets all local/national regulatory requirements and Unilever standards, provide advice on national SHE legislation requirements & implement relevant procedures and policies
- Work closely with Occupational Health personnel to identify and mitigate risks which may lead to occupational ill health
- Assist the site leader to develop and lead the internal crisis and safety committees and advise line management in all accident/incident investigations. Lead investigations for safety incidents. Effectively and adamantly ensure action completion. Manage all Workers Comp Case Management, Legal Interactions, and doctor’s appointment. Lead stakeholder management with local doctors and the medical community.
- Develop and deploy internal Safety, Health and Environment auditing and inspection systems, participate in audits of other Unilever organizations as required
- Conduct trend analysis from incidents, near misses, safe behavior observations and deep compliance audits
- Reduce the site’s environmental impact in the areas of COD, hazardous & non-hazardous waste, SOx & CO2 emissions, water & energy consumption
Preview a day in the life at Unilever.
- You’re a born leader: You have a bias for action that is second to none. You challenge yourself and everyone around you towards a continuous improvement mindset
- You love to win and have fun doing it: You enjoy the process and understand that not only through the technical but through the human experience can great achievements be accomplished.
- You’re a teacher: You strive to show not just the “How” but the “Why” safety is at the utmost importance for yourself and others around you.
- You’re a culture & change champion: You are a vital part of the winning strategy which delivers the most important part of the site’s goals for the most important resource of any company, personal safety, and security. All while moving the Unilever Sustainable Lining Plan (USLP) forward motivating individuals around you to think and act beyond themselves.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- University degree in Science or Engineering or equivalent industrial experience
- Qualifications required by local regulatory authorities
- Proven track record of analytical thinking and project management
- Good knowledge of Manufacturing and Process Improvement
- Influencing skills, Presenting skills, people management
- Good observation and auditing skills
- Strong analytical skills; ability to translate data into action and follow-through
- Excellent math, written and verbal communication skills
- Computer proficiency, esp. Excel, Word, Office,
- Flexible, motivated individual with the ability to adapt quickly and effectively.
- Ability to lead in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible Worker – Primarily Day shift. However, must be prepared to flex schedule to support off shifts as needed due to the site being 24/5 facility. Must be a flexible and agile worker to meet wider leadership duties.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a factory-based role. Process Improvement or Safety, Health or Environmental role.
- At least 1-year experience in a supervisory role with direct reports.
- Advanced degree in Occupational Health & Safety and Environmental Sustainability
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Unilever: Life | LinkedIn | Strategy | Unilever | Why work for Unilever | Careers at Unilever | Unilever Global Website | Check Out Our Space
Pay: The pay range for this position is $96,000 - $167,900. Unilever takes into consideration a wide range of factors that are utilized in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, qualifications and education, and other business and organizational needs.
Bonus: This position is bonus eligible.
Long-Term Incentive (LTI): This position is LTI eligible.
Benefits: Unilever employees are eligible to participate in our benefits plan. Should the employee choose to participate, they can choose from a range of benefits to include, but is not limited to, health insurance (including prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage), retirement savings benefits, life insurance and disability benefits, parental leave, sick leave, paid vacation and holidays, as well as access to numerous voluntary benefits. Any coverages for health insurance and retirement benefits will be in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans and associated governing plan documents.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us