Job Title: Manufacturing Manager – ekaterra
Work Location: Chittagong, Bangladesh
Function: Make, Supply Chain
Work Level: WL1
With an annual turnover of around €2bn, ekaterra is the world’s largest tea business, with world-class, purpose-driven brands such as Lipton, Pukka, Tazo, T2 and PG Tips. ‘eka’ is a word taken from the Sanskrit language which means unity and one purpose, while ‘terra’ represents the earth and nature. As ekaterra we are truly united in one purpose: growing a world of wellbeing through the regenerative power of plants.
In July 2022, CVC Capital Partners Fund VIII took over the full ownership of the ekaterra business from its previous owner, Unilever. As a standalone entity with a dedicated single-category focus, ekaterra is even better positioned to lead the tea industry, delivering higher growth and value, and a greater impact on the wider world. With 11 production factories in four continents and tea growing estates in three countries, ekaterra is a profitable and growing business whose brands reach hundreds of millions of consumers. It has a presence in over 100 countries.
Under the ownership of CVC, ekaterra has an exciting future ahead with opportunities for increased investments in our iconic brands, our people, and our capabilities. Combining the strength and scale of our brands with a focus on speed and agility, ekaterra is brewing a corporate start-up mindset that’s opening-up new opportunities for its people to flourish every day.
At ekaterra, we put consumer love at the heart of every decision. We celebrate diverse thinkers who take personal ownership to connect ideas and make impactful things happen; people who share our values around humanity and courage and give their commitment to nurturing the wellbeing of all. In return, we offer a working culture that gives our people freedom and flexibility, and where they can grow both personally and professionally to master their field.
Be part of our amazing blend. Come and grow yourself and, in turn, help us to grow a world of wellbeing.
The qualities we look for in you:
ekaterra is made up of a special blend of individuals which make our teams exciting and diverse. To be part of our blend we are looking for individuals who think Green and are environmentally conscious, who understand the power of simplicity and who are accountable for their actions. We want those who infuse mastery and passion in everything they do to create great products and unforgettable experiences for our consumers.
Manufacturing Manager is a management professional with a good technical understanding of manufacturing who provides the governance function for a cluster of teams, delivering management and leadership support for performance monitoring, overtime allocation, working patterns and dispute resolution. The MM is responsible for leading improvement projects for operational processes. He/she will use WCM methodologies to drive teams, counter losses and eradicate waste and lead project work to support factory initiatives. MM provides a common standard of communication and engagement across the factory. They liaise closely with the core factory functions, including Manufacturing, HR, Quality and Safety to achieve this.
- Detailed knowledge of the end-to-end manufacturing processes relevant to their operation and endorsed Good Manufacturing Practice
- Identification of preventative maintenance schemes and condition monitoring (e.g., vibration analysis), Hazardous Area Equipment and Hazards specific to operation.
- Utilize appropriate safety and environmental procedures for people, processes, materials, products, and equipment to ensure a safe working environment for the whole team. Full knowledge of hazards in the workplace.
- Reduce costs due to waste and minimize impact to health, safety, and the environment through working to eliminate waste and through the correct management of waste and hazardous materials.
- To manage employee relations to ensure high engagement levels in unit.
- Promote the development of a highly effective team through the establishment of a positive team climate supported by authentic leadership and clear communication.
- Facilitate technical improvements using WCM improvement tools. Able to coach Technical Operators and semi-autonomous teams to build team performance.
- Make governance decisions for the semi-autonomous team and adjudicates on unresolved team issues. Sets the strategy for Continuous Improvement and Preventative Maintenance in her/his area guided by loss trends and direction provided by the Supply Chain Lead
- Apply rigorous Cost Deployment and the Zero loss concept to eliminate losses. High skill level in Continuous Improvement that is aligned closely with World Class Manufacturing and LEAN methodologies.
- Has the ability to identify, prioritize and address problems using appropriate tools and techniques that eliminate recurrence.
- Apply core knowledge of Quality skills; Quality Measurement, Prioritization, Improvement, Assessment and Certification etc. to sustain Quality standards in the factory operation.
- Able to coordinate business resources and apply risk management processes. Keen sense of prioritization and ability to influence change. Resolve conflicts where identified.
- Timely and accurate administration for a cluster of teams; shift rosters, pay, performance, training, and safety. Liaise with Sourcing Unit leads to ensure policy compliance.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the Factory Operations
- Discipline: Electrical & Electronics/ Mechanical/Industrial Production Engineering
- Should be able to work 6 days a week.
What’s in it for you?
We believe that growth is for everyone, we believe in growing leaders, and we believe in making space to grow an owner’s mentality. Like nature, we adapt, we change, and we grow. We believe in connections over hierarchies and work levels. We have a 'corporate start-up' approach; we act with speed and agility, and we have the strength and scale of a large corporation. We are building a better world of wellbeing, and a better you.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us