The CMI lead for SEA is integral to the Compass Direction and Agenda and is responsible for co-creating the vision, testing and validating the consumer concept(s) and the MVP(s) and leading as well as inputting into its marketing plan and its execution. It is about inspiring transformational action, where you will create new business Model in the e-Com and d-Com space to identify the consumer passion points which will trigger the above-mentioned behaviour change for millions of people – making Responsible Growth a new business driver.
• Identify the passion points and tensions of consumers vis-à-vis sustainable choices, with depth of understanding on what matters to them also in view of motivational/behavioral psychology
• Support the development of future-fit solutions in Lead Markets with real-time co-creation of relevant consumer cohorts with agile mindset
• Identify potential growth opportunities for SEA (especially with digital solutions, circular economy spaces and social media behaviours) and recommend actions to deliver them
• Influence strategy by turning complex questions into clear and concise actionable concepts, using a wide variety of data sources
• Types of strategic projects may include portfolio work; consumer benefit/motivation platforms (needs); co-creation with consumer cohorts; circular economy spaces.
• Lead and manage market insight agencies to deliver data analysis, insight, actionable recommendations, and storytelling for the programme
• Motivate and inspire the market insight agencies ensuring maximum value for the business about quality, timeliness, and service
• Anticipate needs and provide advice on the use/application of market information and its integration in the business including self-service by Marketing and CMI
• Provide actionable strategic insight to drive brilliant Digital Marketing for the IP1 concepts: brilliant consumer experience; data driven marketing; winning in ecommerce; new technology and experimentation
• Lead consumer first ad hoc projects in this digital space to drive actions.
ALL ABOUT YOU
• Analytical skills – very strong analytical skills to leverage data into actionable insight • Communication – strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation
• Strategic Influencing – confidence to use sound logic and detailed analysis to influence direction in conversation with senior stakeholders.
• Thriving in ambiguity – most of the work done by this team will be up stream in nature, looking at novel opportunities or challenges and requires structuring a nebulous opportunity, building frameworks to address them.
• Organisation/Attention to Detail – outstanding organisational skills, including the ability to manage multiple overlapping priorities to meet key deadlines, whilst ensuring high quality output.
• Local mindset – genuine interest in learning about and understanding global, regional, and local markets and their consumers, shoppers, retailers, and competitive dynamics
• Externally focussed – obsessed by market, consumer and customer digital trends with an eye to convert them into tangible business opportunities.
• Team player – effective team working, providing support as and when needed, even when outside of job scope.
• Functional experience – typically marketers looking to build strategic/big picture skills have done well in this role, but the role is also ideal for a functional or strategy specialist looking to broaden their business knowledge and skills • Agile Experience – all work will be done in a highly agile way – from how we set up the team, to our ways of working.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us