WHO ARE WE?
Do you want to work for a company that makes a difference in the world? At Unilever, we have a clear purpose - to make sustainable living commonplace. Through our 400 brands reaching 2.5 billion people every day, we aim to make a positive social impact globally and locally. Through our household brands, like Lipton, Knorr, Dove, Hellman’s and Axe, we are creating a bright future for our customers, our business, and our planet - and you can be part of it.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
As the Manufacturing Excellence Manager, you are a member of the Leadership Team amongst the MCO´s sites and hold the strategic WCM methodology and approach to guide the factory through its continuous improvement journey.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- You will create the road map for the long-term success of the sites and the delivery of its business goals using the WCM approach.
- You will achieve this by mastering the methodology through study and practical application, coaching the factory team as they progress through the program and leading improvement activity.
- You will leverage your leadership and technical knowledge to master WCM methodology and set strategic direction for each of the WCM Technical and Managerial pillars. You will report to the ManEx LATAM Director
- You will guide the factories to new levels of performance through everyday actions.
- You will drive the WCM initiatives at a leading site for Unilever, sharing your successes and best practices with other sites. Coaching and mentoring at all levels of the organization, you will be expected to challenge all team members on their progress and actions in driving our WCM agenda.
- Very broad experience in influencing people via EQ (emotional intelligence), the ability to bring a wide range of people together with Lean thinking
- You are the key leader to moving the factory towards World Class performance. You will assist in the creation of each site route map, defining the activities we must take to drive forward our continuous improvement culture.
- Using data, you will prioritize key projects and work streams that will aid the site in delivering the business objectives
- You will challenge the status quo and constantly identify better, quicker, and smarter ways to operate the factories in a continuous improvement approach and create proper standards to share global wide.
- You do not accept mediocrity. You will be key in setting the road map across the pillars to achieve this goal and drive the culture change through everyday actions.
WHAT YOU´LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, or related fields
- Should be well versed in the concepts of WCM initiatives like Lean or TPS, TPM and
- Quality Management and Hands on experience in implementation of WCM or TPM methodology
- Exposure to unionized work force, Exposure to SMED, time study, Kanban & Continuous improvements concepts.
- 3 years of related work experience leading and managing teams.
- Big picture thinking, strategic influencing, courageous accountability, concept thinker, Written and verbal communication skills data collection and analysis, problem solving, decision-making, teamwork, and judgement.
- Ability to work with teams on the factory floor, flexibility in occasional atypical work hours requirements
- Travel (nationally and internationally) required (related to the MCO sites responsibility)
Unilever is an organization committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus, if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us