Work Location: Sri Lanka
Company: ekaterra – Sri Lanka
Job Type: Fulltime and open towards flexible solutions
Travel required 10% or limited travel. Now limited due to CV19 restrictions.
About the Tea Business
Unilever is proud of its Tea business, the biggest in the world, with world class purpose driven brands such as Lipton, PG tips and Pukka. Recently, Unilever decided to separate the Tea business to ensure it can best achieve its potential. The Tea businesses in India and Indonesia, and the partnership interests in the ready-to-drink Tea joint ventures will be retained.
As a standalone entity, the Tea company remains number one in the world and is even better positioned to lead the industry and take full advantage of the opportunities in the category, with more focus and entrepreneurship driving greater growth and value.
As the Manager - Shipping & Logistics, you are directly in charge of all Domestic Logistics activities (Warehousing, Inbound, Primary, Distribution Center management & Secondary) & Overall Shipping (Imports/ Exports & Customs) related activities.
- Collaborate with Demand/ Supply/ Network Planners & keep close Track on Stock Movements/ Throughput & maintain correct stock norms in Warehouses/DC.
- Optimize Storage & Transportation.
- Drive Service Level improvements against the delivery lead times & agreed Dispatch Rates.
- Maintain Inventory Accuracy with proper Cycle Counting Process in Place weekly/monthly & drive quarterly PSV at all warehouse locations.
- Ensure all Safety Standards are adhered by the Warehouse & Transportation suppliers & their employees.
- Ensure Good Warehouse & Transport Practices are in place in all locations ensuring the right Quality Standards in Logistics end to end process.
- Track KPIs of the 3PL Service Providers (WH & Transport) & evaluate to take necessary steps in improving the deliverables.
- Actively involved in Logistics Procurement related negotiations from Operations point of view.
- Maintain 100% Invoicing Accuracy & all Inbound & Outbound system transactions.
- Drive Digital Transformation on overall Logistics front in minimizing people & non-value adding activities in the operations.
- Implement Emergency Response Team & Emergency Response Plans accordingly to the identified Risk Management Plans.
- Act as Sri Lanka SPOC for Global Control Tower & GFA communications, SOPs.
- Manage Shipping 3PL Service Providers, including Customs Handling Agents (CHA), Freight Forwarders, Transport Service Providers etc.
- Act as SPOC for all Customs related matters.
- Drive 100% Service Levels for Customers ETD/ETA.
- Drive Digital Transformation in Shipping.
- Drive Cost Reductions & Savings for the company in the areas of Logistics.
- Ensure timely container availability for loading of export orders, correct documentation for exports to avoid any delays in shipping, obtain required approvals from the relevant institutes & Tea Board, Confirmation with vessel booking on time.
- Process Logistics, Customs & Shipping related payments on time to avoid any service delays.
- Drive reduction of Business Waste in terms of delays in clearance, demurrage, container detentions, Diversions etc.
The current vision for ekaterra is to champion a tastier, healthier, more sustainable world of plant-based drinking. Purposeful thinking will be the core anchor of the business, its brands as well as its culture, and enables simple and agile decision making, supports an entrepreneurial mindset and is driven by passion for our consumers.
As we move through this journey towards separation, we are seeking employees with a passion for exciting entrepreneurial experiences, who want to pursue unique career opportunities and have a desire to be an integral part in building the bright future of this plant-based company.
- Drive and results orientation:
- The individual has a natural bias for action and is willing to make a positive difference. Sets new and stretching goals for self and team, exploits opportunities and strives to achieve beyond what is expected. Has high levels of self-assurance and shows resilience and belief in own ability to achieve goals
- Analytical power:
- Brings powerful analysis to issues and has an eye for detail and uses an intelligent mix of logic and intuition in decision making and judgment. Rapidly absorbs new information, knowledge and applies new techniques, technology, and procedures.
- Strategic orientation:
- Can clearly articulate evolving priorities for the business and have a point of view on shaping the agenda for the future. Sees the bigger picture and provides new perspectives and clarity. Spots issues in the future and responds to the dynamic environment.
- Collaboration and Influencing:
- Is impactful and flexible in communicating and influencing the issues with the ability to work across matrices of functions. Builds informal networks, actively listens, and responds to the concerns and feelings of others even when not explicitly stated
- Passion for people:
- Has a genuine passion to develop people – through coaching, mentoring and the desire to devote personal time to build people skills and having a flair to lead people and command followership. The candidate should have the maturity and deftness to understand nuances in different inter relationships and find the way to get the job done, holding people accountable where necessary.
Stakeholder Management and key interfaces:
- A University Degree or Equivalent Professional Qualification in the areas of Shipping & Logistics Management or Physical Science
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in FMCG industry
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in Logistics & Shipping
- Analytical skills and deep understanding of relevant Research tools
- Change management skills
- Building and managing Teams, ideally cross-country & virtual teams
- Fluent in English language.
Skills and Experience
- Highly adaptable and entrepreneurial
- Driven by Innovation and strong change affinity
- Embrace a high growth mindset
- Have strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills with diverse, multi-functional stakeholders
- End to end management, ability to understand the big picture but also comfortable with details and managing the operations
- Demand, Supply & Network Planners
- Manufacturing & SUIT team
- Safety & Quality Team
- Procurement Teams
- Reginal Supply Chain Teams
- Sales & Marketing Team
- Supply Chain Finance & CD Finance Teams
- Customer Service Team
- 3rd Party Logistics Service Providers (Shipping, Clearing, Warehousing & Transportation)
- Official Commercial Banks on Documentations & Payments for Imports/Exports
- Officials of Sri Lanka Tea Board
- Officials of Sri Lanka Customs
- External Logistics/Shipping Communities
Excited about the Role?
Please apply online. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements, and we will be in touch to provide you with an update on the status of your application.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us