Work Location: Sri Lanka
Company: ekaterra – Sri Lanka
Job Type: Fulltime and open towards flexible solutions
Travel required 10% or limited travel. Now limited due to CV19 restrictions.
Who we are…and what we do
With an annual turnover of around €2bn, ekaterra is the world’s largest tea business, with world-class, purpose-driven brands such as Lipton, Pukka, Tazo, T2 and PG Tips. ‘eka’ is a word taken from the Sanskrit language which means unity and one purpose, while ‘terra’ represents the earth and nature. As ekaterra we are truly united in one purpose: growing a world of wellbeing through the regenerative power of plants.
In July 2022, CVC Capital Partners Fund VIII took over the full ownership of the ekaterra business from its previous owner, Unilever. As a standalone entity with a dedicated single-category focus, ekaterra is even better positioned to lead the tea industry, delivering higher growth and value, and a greater impact on the wider world. With 11 production factories in four continents and tea growing estates in three countries, ekaterra is a profitable and growing business whose brands reach hundreds of millions of consumers. It has a presence in over 100 countries.
Under the ownership of CVC, ekaterra has an exciting future ahead with opportunities for increased investments in our iconic brands, our people, and our capabilities. Combining the strength and scale of our brands with a focus on speed and agility, ekaterra is brewing a corporate start-up mindset that’s opening-up new opportunities for its people to flourish every day.
At ekaterra, we put consumer love at the heart of every decision. We celebrate diverse thinkers who take personal ownership to connect ideas and make impactful things happen; people who share our values around humanity and courage and give their commitment to nurturing the wellbeing of all. In return, we offer a working culture that gives our people freedom and flexibility, and where they can grow both personally and professionally to master their field.
Be part of our amazing blend. Come and grow yourself and, in turn, help us to grow a world of wellbeing.
This role will be a part of the Supply Chain Department directly reporting to the Head of Supply Chain in Sri Lanka and support them by conducting services relating to Supply Chain Operations & SUIT.
Your Key Tasks
- Govern Tea Blending Operation as per the required schedule & the master recipes provided adhering to the highest Quality & Safety standards established.
- Overlook the Tea Packing Operations at the selected 03rd Party Service Providers.
- Ensure Quality & safety standards by achieving leading and lagging KPIs as per the local and international requirements.
- Make sure the operational quality assurance program is in 100% compliance for the business.
- Develop and validate the SOPs and work instructions covering entire operation as per the ISO 9001 standards.
- Ensure delivery of operational KPIs and develop strategies to improve GMP standards at 03rd party manufacturing sites.
- Maintain good relationship with external and internal stakeholders.
- Involve in and provide necessary inputs to negotiate 03rd party packing commercial contracts with regional procurement counterparts.
- Ensure the new product innovations meet the right quality standards.
- Provide manufacturing & technological inputs to the regional R&D teams for innovations.
- Prepare make cost forecast for the year with the coordination of SC finance.
- Manage the external compliance audits such as SLS, RA & FSSC 22000 & ensure the blending & packing operations are conformed to standards.
- Manage the Consumer & Customer complaints by developing good relationship with them and conduct the RCA audits to arrive at required CAPA on time post RCA study.
- Manage supplier NCRs and close the CAPA on time by developing good relationship with suppliers.
- Strongly drive the cost saving projects and committed values by completing projects on time.
- Manage new 3PMs developments and onboarding to the system as per protocol.
Skills and Experience
- Should possess a Bachelors’ Degree in Science, Engineering, iChem, Food Science, or any other related qualification.
- Should have sound knowledge in all Supply Chain Functions.
- An MBA or an MSc in a related field would be an added advantage.
Who we are looking for
ekaterra is made up of a special blend of individuals which make our teams exciting and diverse. To be part of our blend we are looking for individuals who think Green and are environmentally conscious, who understand the power of simplicity and who are accountable for their actions. We want those who infuse mastery and passion in everything they do to create great products and unforgettable experiences for our consumers.
What we can offer you
We believe that growth is for everyone, we believe in growing leaders, and we believe in making space to grow an owner’s mentality. Like nature, we adapt, we change, and we grow. We believe in connections over hierarchies and work levels. We have a 'corporate start-up' approach; we act with speed and agility, and we have the strength and scale of a large corporation. We are building a better world of wellbeing, and a better you.
Excited about the Role?
Please apply online by clicking on “Apply” below. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements. Should you not meet our immediate requirements, your profile will be registered in our talent pool system and we will match your profile to suitable future vacancies.
You will be able to access your status update through the candidate tracking link.
Thank you for your interest and application. Should you require additional information, please contact us through ekaterraSriLanka.email@example.com
ekaterra is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. We are interested in every individual bringing their whole self to work and this includes you! Therefore, if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us